Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2007 3:40:30 PM EDT
I am getting a 14.5 upper and welding a brake or flash hider in place for legal compliance.
My delema is that I live in a ban state and it would be nice to swap my uppers between my pre and post bans.
Does a flash hider have enough advantages to warrent an upper to be dedicated to a rife?
Or should I just use a Troy Medievil Brake, EGW E2,  or a YHM Phantom Comp and not worry about swaping uppers?
I know some Brakes or Comps can be louder, and do nothing to control flash.
In 14.5 barrel does all of the powder get burnt so I dont have to worry abut muzzle flash?
Opinions Please
Thanks
Medic17
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#1]
there will be muzzle flash at night. some of the more experienced people should chime in soon with recommendations on specific models.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top