Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2007 8:07:48 PM EDT
I already own one ar-15 and want to get another rifle. Should i get another AR-15 or should i get another platform and cal. such as an FAL, or M1 .308.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what you want. Ammo and parts interchangability can be nice, so can power and variety. What configuration do you have and what are you looking to do with the new item?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I already own one ar-15 and want to get another rifle. Should i get another AR-15 or should i get another platform and cal. such as an FAL, or M1 .308.

Several questions we need to know or you need to ask yourself:
- what is the current configuration of your AR?
- what other configurations might you find useful?
- what "mission" do you want you next rifle to handle?
- does the AR meet that mission requirement, or is there another rifle that would do so better?
- are you staying with 5.56mm or do you want/need another caliber?

Going away from the 5.56mm AR will impose higher ammo costs (unless you're shooting a pistol-caliber carbine) and will require investment in different magazines and accessories that most likely may not interchange with your AR.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:41:57 AM EDT
[#4]
You all have answered my question on my decision making. I have decided to purchase another AR. Why start from ground zero again with another cal. when I already have a heavy investment in the AR (5.56mm)platform. Thanks for all your input.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:47:08 AM EDT
[#5]
good choice, although the xcr in 5.56 is really asking me to buy it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I was wondering the same thing myself and have decided to do the same. The seller for me is ammo, parts. Especially if any ban comes in the future.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#7]
why not get an Ar-10 .308 ?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#8]
cant go wrong with an ak as well, cheap steel cased 7.62 is nice to have.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top