Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2007 6:32:22 PM EDT
Does anyone have an opinion on these upper receivers? Accuracy , reliability , function? Any ammunition issues.If you own one or have any experience with V-Match uppers any advice would be much appreciated. It looks like a nice pretty upper from what I can tell from Bushmasters site. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a Bushmaster V Match Carbine with a 16" barrel several years ago and it shot exceptionally well (sub MOA groups).  However, money got tight and I sold it to a friend, like an idiot.  I have to imagine that the V Match in a 20" or 24" barrel would be even more accurate than my Bushy V Match Carbine.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks FNFalGuy
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does anyone have an opinion on these upper receivers? Accuracy , reliability , function? Any ammunition issues.If you own one or have any experience with V-Match uppers any advice would be much appreciated. It looks like a nice pretty upper from what I can tell from Bushmasters site. Thanks

I have one. Its a great shooter -- better than I am.  My best effort was with Black Hills Blue box 55 grn on a perfect day -- .75 with a 4x scope.  The only issue I have is with the free float tube.  Its heavier and more sturdy than the sewer pipe my township just put in the ground .  I'm about to pick up a Daniel Defense 12" Lite Rail.  That should do it.  The trigger is nice, and never had any cycling problems with LC M193, Black Hills Blue - 55 and 60 V-max, or a little Wolf poly 55.

Bushmaster makes a very nice 1/9 barrel for the money.

J223...
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks JOHNNY223
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#5]
My very first AR was a 16" V-Match. It shot under an inch at 100 yards with just about any factory ammo I could feed it. Great gun, great accuracy. I am now using a Bushmaster Predator for precision shooting/hunting.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My very first AR was a 16" V-Match. It shot under an inch at 100 yards with just about any factory ammo I could feed it. Great gun, great accuracy. I am now using a Bushmaster Predator for precision shooting/hunting.

Nice, Thanks for the info.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top