Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2007 10:55:36 AM EDT
I'm looking at a Colt "Match Target" flat-top rifle that is postban.  I live in VA where there is no longer any AWB restrictions.  It appears that unlike my A2 Sporter (Big-hole rifle) the A3 has normal sized pin holes.

Can I drop any upper (physically) on the A3 Colt Lower I'm looking at?  If so I'll likely sell my pre-ban A2 for the flattop.

Thanks,

-Calvin
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you could drop any small pivot pin hole upper or any large pivot pin hole upper but with an adapter pin on any Match Target lower with small pivot pin hole.

Current production Colt LE models are the same way they have small pivot pin holes.

I have a Colt model MT6601 Match Target HBAR lower that have small pivot pin holes and I dropped in a new Colt M16A2 upper half also with small pivot hole on it and no problems.

I also have a LE model AR6721 carbine which I converted from a two screw type small pivot pin to a M16 type push takedown pin which is also made by Colt.

If you could do it try to keep your A2 for your collection, I sold my first SP-1 and now I always feel bad about it, I wish I didn't sold it.

Good luck.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top