Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2007 12:29:51 PM EDT
If I change my collapsable stock to a fixed A2; will I have to switch to a full length buffer tube and buffer weight/spring combo?

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. The receiver extension (aka buffer tube) is different and so is the spring and buffer.

If you have a fake (ban compliant) non-collapsing tele-stock, the buffer and spring on those stocks are actually an A2 buttstock spring and buffer.

HTH
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I too am thinking about changing my stock to fixed, so thanks for the info. A question though, are DPMS buffer tubes mil-spec?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes. The receiver extension (aka buffer tube) is different and so is the spring and buffer.

If you have a fake (ban compliant) non-collapsing tele-stock, the buffer and spring on those stocks are actually an A2 buttstock spring and buffer.

HTH

^^^^^This is definitely the case.  I recently found out when I changed out my old fixed stock on a Bushy with a CTR and at first couldn't figure out why I couldn't pull the charging handle/bolt back all the way.  A swap to the shorter buffer/spring solved the problem.

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I too am thinking about changing my stock to fixed, so thanks for the info. A question though, are DPMS buffer tubes mil-spec?

The whole milspec vs civi-spec buffer tube thing only applies to carbine buffer tubes.  All full-size buffer tubes are the same size.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Thankyou
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top