Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 9:45:23 AM EDT
My first post, be gentle.

Could anyone here identify the parts that make up this (custom?) AR shorty? Mainly the upper, barrel, fore-grip, etc.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f227/mightyrumba/immagine002mm7.jpg

And this one looks like an off-the-shelf model by a major manufacturer but the people at my local Home Depot can't find it in any of their catalogs. We even tried DeWalt before they insisted I leave the store.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f227/mightyrumba/Milwaukee.jpg
( no doubt this pic has been posted here before)
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#1]

I've actually never seen that picture here before.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#2]
thats friggin funny!
welcome to the site
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Could anyone here identify the parts that make up this (custom?) AR shorty? Mainly the upper, barrel, fore-grip, etc.

i48.photobucket.com/albums/f227/mightyrumba/immagine002mm7.jpg

Welcome to ARFCOM!

So far I see, a SOPMOD stock, Troy BUIS, Magpul MIAD Grip, Magpul Rail Covers, the Fore-end looks to be a free float but I can't tell you for sure, the barrel is most likely a Noveske but remember those need to be registered with the NFA + tax stamp (As well as anything under 16"). The upper is a standard A3/A4 upper, but the lower reciever looks to be a Knights Arm Co. (Correct me if I'm wrong )
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#4]
the looks like the drunken oly lion to me
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
the looks like the drunken oly lion to me

+1

If you have a good monitor, you can also see "Olympic Arms, Olympia, WA" above the pins plus the traditional Oly full stop above "safe" preventing an M-16 selector from engaging the auto position.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to ARFCOM!

So far I see, a SOPMOD stock, Troy BUIS, Magpul MIAD Grip, Magpul Rail Covers, the Fore-end looks to be a free float but I can't tell you for sure, the barrel is most likely a Noveske but remember those need to be registered with the NFA + tax stamp (As well as anything under 16"). The upper is a standard A3/A4 upper, but the lower reciever looks to be a Knights Arm Co. (Correct me if I'm wrong )

It's not a ARMS #40???  

We need better picks.  Close ups.  It would be easier to identify the forearm if the rail covers were removed, and easier to identify the barrel if we could see it.  

Welcome to ARFcom
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to ARFCOM!

It's not a ARMS #40???  

We need better picks.  Close ups.  It would be easier to identify the forearm if the rail covers were removed, and easier to identify the barrel if we could see it.  

Welcome to ARFcom

The front sight is a Troy BUIS and thats what he was making reference to... and the Rear is the 40.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#8]
That second picture comes from a firearms refinishing company.  I can't remember which one but they specialize in nontraditional colors.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top