Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2006 10:52:47 PM EDT
I currently own a Bushmaster M4A1 and would like another one to match it. The things I like about the Bushmaster are the chrome lined barrel and that it goes bang every time. Apparently the bolt carrier is nice quality according to the people I had look at it. I just want another one to match it with similar quality parts.

My goal was to do this for around $500. The people I asked so far said it was going to run around $700 minimum. That's about how much I paid for my BM. Hmmm What should I do?

Oh, another question...,

I have thought about changing my current AR to a flat top so I can mount optics easier in the future. This is bring up two tough questions for me. 1.) What kind of new upper should I buy? I'm noticing some have different kinds of feed ramps than other and I'm not sure which one will give the best performance 2.) Who can I find to mount my barrel to the new receiver? I don't have any gun friends and you can tell I don't know a lot about this stuff.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
just do some "scroungin" on the EE...

as far as swappin uppers goes, find a Bushmaster flat top, best fit/finish and it'll match up to your Bushy barrel no probs..no M4 extensions on either. I've seen them on the EE for under $100.

check the tacked "build it yourself" threads at the top of this page, tons of great info.

click
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top