Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2006 12:51:54 PM EDT
I just brought a new Armalite M-15/M-4 Carbine home and am trying to decide how to set it up (ex optics, lights, etc..).  I figured that several of you might be able to give me some ideas, based on what you did to your Armalites.

Any pics are greatly appreciated!

Link Posted: 12/24/2006 4:00:28 AM EDT
[#1]

My only ArmaLite,
Its a AR-10,no need to ask for ArmaLite pics anything you see on other brands will fit your
weapon.
Have fun and enjoy ArmaLite is a great choice.
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I set out to purchase a Bushmaster, but once I held the Armalite, I could't put it down.  These pictures are great!
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
buy an eagle arms lower and any quality upper and save $400
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

and loose the "Life Time" warranty........
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Is that supposed to be a joke, or are you serious?
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#7]
It does come with a lifetime warranty.  I was surprised to find the paperwork when I brought the rifle home.  Don't get me wrong, I really like Bushmaster and Rock River as well, but this Armalite is built extremely well and has the lifetime warranty to boot!
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's mine.  Not very tricked out but my God that thing will shoot.
Link Posted: 12/25/2006 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#9]
M15T:

M15:

Link Posted: 12/25/2006 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#10]
These are great pics!  I'm starting to lean towards getting an Eotech optic to set atop of my M-15 Carbine/M4.  I have a Trijicon Reflex II, but my eye sight has changed recently and I find that the recticle is getting a bit difficult to see these days.  It really sucks to get old!

PS

Big Bore - That Armalite M-15T with the free-floated heavy barrel is outstanding!  What sort of accuracy are you able to get with that rifle??  
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:17:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't understand why more people don't own Armalite AR-15s.  Don't get me wrong, I certainly respect the quality of Bushmaster, RRA and Colt, but now that I have an Armalite I can't believe that I hadn't looked at one previously.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:27:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOTHING is worse than a loose "Life Time" warranty

Here's a tip:  Spend a few hours and learn to fix it yourself.  Contrary to what some might have you belive, it REALLY is just like playing with Lego's!  
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't understand why more people don't own Armalite AR-15s.  Don't get me wrong, I certainly respect the quality of Bushmaster, RRA and Colt, but now that I have an Armalite I can't believe that I hadn't looked at one previously.

Because I can build 1 lower and 2 uppers for what you just paid for your Armalite.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:40:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Old pic.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I only paid $850 for the Armalite A3/M4, so I don't believe that I paid an absolute premium for this rifle (listed for over $1,000).  To be fair, I know that I could've bought or built an AR for a bit less, but I wanted a to be assured that the AR was built to the highest quality since I had to purchase cheaper models previously (my Olympic Arms ARs never really demonstrated such a high standard of quality).  

Concerning learning how to take care of the rifle myself, I was in the military, so basic cleaning and maintenance of this rifle are well within my capabilities.  However, if something that typically requires a gun smith were needed, then it would be on Armalite's dime and not mine.  With this in mind, I think that the warranty is great.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Here's mine.  Not very tricked out but my God that thing will shoot.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/BiggBore/PRSonAR.jpg

looks sweet! whats up with the grip??
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I LOVE my Armalite M15A2, but its not tricked out. Plain jane KISS A2.

my Bushmaster has all the cool stuff...

I like Armalites since they are generally cheaper than many other manufacturers, they run for around 800 now-a-days when Bushmaster are 1K or just under and the lifetime warranty is a plus, and on top of that their barrells are crazy accurate.

I bought my Armalite for 700 OTD

I have a Bushy lower I may mate to an Armalite mid-length in the near future
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOTHING is worse than a loose "Life Time" warranty

Here's a tip:  Spend a few hours and learn to fix it yourself.  Contrary to what some might have you belive, it REALLY is just like playing with Lego's!  

So how much time do I have to spend?  Something equivalent  to the amount of time you have taken to master the English language........

The poster never stated he has the facilities to build a rifle.  He may never have the inclination to build his own rifle.  Your post has nothing to do with the thread except stir shit up saying if you can't do it yourself you're an idiot.  Please go back and play with your Legos.

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's mine:

ETA: I've reversed the bipod these days - I was trying to figure out which way I liked better at the time the picture was taken.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I am not a fan of the AR10 but dammit, Armalite makes a kick ass AR15.  Every M15 I have ever shot has been a top shooter in the reliability and accuracy dept.

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:06:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because I can build 1 lower and 2 uppers for what you just paid for your Armalite.

Vulcan(schweet)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top