Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2006 9:27:52 AM EDT
In the process of choosing an M4.  Gun shop gives price of $904.00 for the Model 1.  Also recommends Stag as a good gun for the price point - as I don't want to pony up for a Colt.   Also the gunshop owner is a decent guy and as far as I know has absolutely no axe to grind about the various AR companies.

Also, I have used the search funtion and couldn't really come up with the answers I was looking for . (as an aside it sort of reminds me of LEXIS and Westlaw type frustration).

First, is this a decent price?

Second, I have a RRA (which I love) but I wanted to get an M4 (with the correct handguards) from a different company - I have seen many recommend Stag, inidicating that they are the makers of many other companies parts - am I on target about this?

Thank you for helping me out.

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#1]
That is under MSRP. Its a decent price. Go ahead and dicker on $904 and see if he will do a lilbit better.

I deal with Stags and their warranty, customer service and reputation are top notch.

If I say much more it'll prolly get me banned cuz Im not on the sites paying dealer list. Im just a Team member.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#2]
The STags Ive handle seem great

I went with a LMT M4 DEFENDER 2000 w/ SOPMOD tele

couldnt find a 6921
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#3]
when you say "model 1" do you mean a particular model from stag or are you referring to the manufacturer model 1?

in any case, i have a model 1 upper and my fiance has a stag upper. both function fine but the stag just seems better all around.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#4]
You could do a little bit better on price, but that's not bad, and Stags are great weapons.  Their customer service is awesome as well.  I highly recommend, and love mine.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
when you say "model 1" do you mean a particular model from stag or are you referring to the manufacturer model 1?

in any case, i have a model 1 upper and my fiance has a stag upper. both function fine but the stag just seems better all around.

Stag-15 models:
Model 1: M4A3 w/detachable carry handle
Model 2: M4A3 w/ARMS#40 BUIS
Model 3: flattop carbine w/railed gasblock/no iron sights
Model 4: AR15 20" w/detachable carry handle
Model 5: M4A3 6.8SPC
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Stag I beleive is a subsidiary of CMT.Stag = good parts..hell I think CMT does stuff for RRA as well.Ive seen stag carbine kits on the equipment exchange new for $629 with a chromelined barrel and flat top with ARMS#40 BUIS..get a $100 stag lower and thats $760 with the tax for a new M4 type carbine....$140 less than a shops complete rifle.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks for the clarification. 'spose i could have been less lazy and looked at their website.

i will reiterate, though. stag is a great product.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#9]
That seems kinda high for a Stag rifle?

I only paid $995 for my Colt MT6400C
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That seems kinda high for a Stag rifle?

I only paid $995 for my Colt MT6400C

I reckon you got lucky huh.

He can do better than $904 but thats still not too bad for a local FFL..like I said its under their MSRP.  Check JTACs link...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I did.  Thanks for posting the link by the way.  It sin't like I'm made of money or anything, but if the price is OK and I am not getting proverbially bent over a chair on price I think I am going to go with the local guy.  I want to support him, he has done right by me and I have absolutely no problem at all with the guy making a decent profit off of me.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting (blanked).  

Yep the Model 1 is the 16" carbine with the carry handle.  Methinks the mind is made up.  Thanks guys.  

Regards.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got a Stag Model 1.

$1415.00 CANADIAN

Its a very nice rifle; MP bolt, parked under the FSB, "F" marked FSB, proper M4 contour barrel etc, etc.

Lifetime warantee in Canada too.

Jeff
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I just got a Stag Model 1.

$1415.00 CANADIAN

Its a very nice rifle; MP bolt, parked under the FSB, "F" marked FSB, proper M4 contour barrel etc, etc.

Lifetime warantee in Canada too.

Jeff

WHAT~! In the Peoples Republic of Kanada-stan you can own an AR weapon? Things must be changing there
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Yesem... but AR mags must be pinned to 5rds
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top