Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 5:20:27 PM EDT
Hi guys,

Well, I've got my mind nearly set on a Bushmaster E2S M4A3 - I can get it for under a thousand, which is a lovely bonus. I enjoy shooting it, and I'm looking forward to getting better.

I've been reading the forums here for a few months now, and I'm really taken on the rail mods (I really like the second grip and optic mounts for Aimpoints).

My N00B question is how easy is it to modify the Bushy to put the mount and forearm grip on it? Expensive?

Thanks a lot!
alpinewhitey
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Easy yes, if you don't go with free float handguards. It's as simple as pulling on your delta right and pulling the old handguards off and putting your new ones on.

Expensive? Depends on which brand you go with. I've seen them as cheap as $90 and as expensive as $400.

The other grip is called a vertical foregrip (VFG), again they range in price from cheap knockoffs at $10 to nice ones up around $60-80.

As far as optic mounts they're really easy to put on. You don't need a railed handguard to put the optic mounts on, unless you want to mount your Aimpoint that far forward.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi, The forearm rails can be fairly inexpensive and easy to install, or costly and a little more labor intensive. If you are going to install an optic on th rail a free float system would be more beneficial. There are numerous makers ranging from $125 to $400 or so. You pretty much get what you pay for. The cheaper rails are a lot heavier, and usually not as aesthetically pleasing. If you go to the "Build it Yourself" forum there is a tacked thread on how to install free floated rails. Good luck, and do what YOU think will work for you! Some different makes include:
Larue Tactical
Daniel Defense
Samson
Midwest Industries
Knights Armament
YHM
Check em out!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
pics?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you are going to install an optic on th rail a free float system would be more beneficial.

I agree

Non-floated rails are DIY. No special tools or knowledge needed.
Repairs are easier with a 2 piece non-freefloated rail.
Say like if you need to replace a gas tube.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top