Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2006 6:11:11 PM EDT
IT has a 20" stainless fluted 1/8 BBL.  I really don't know much about this end of the system, but I need to be able to advise him.  We'll probably start shooting 55g WWB will that shoot well through it?  Is there a source for 62g or heavier rounds in bulk?  

What about BBL break in?  I only have chrome barrels so I really don't know.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got my Midway eblast.  $119.00 for 500 rds of Radway SS109.  SOmr folks will not use the Radway, I have used some and had no problems.  

I shoot a bunch of old 55 grain stuff I hav all the time in my 1/7s.  Enjoy the new rifle.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
IT has a 20" stainless fluted 1/8 BBL. I really don't know much about this end of the system, but I need to be able to advise him. We'll probably start shooting 55g WWB will that shoot well through it? Is there a source for 62g or heavier rounds in bulk?

What about BBL break in? I only have chrome barrels so I really don't know.

With a 1/8 barrel don't waste your time with 55gr go with 62-77gr. You have the right twist to reach out. Black Hills provide 62-69 grain go with the heavier grain bullet. If you can find 75-77 gr get that. Break in is 3 rounds stop, swap up to 12 times each (36 rounds total). Barrel should not get hot. Next is 6-8 round groups up to 200. Blaze away after that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IT has a 20" stainless fluted 1/8 BBL.  I really don't know much about this end of the system, but I need to be able to advise him.  We'll probably start shooting 55g WWB will that shoot well through it?  Is there a source for 62g or heavier rounds in bulk?  

What about BBL break in?  I only have chrome barrels so I really don't know.

Thanks in advance.

Stick with higher grain rounds, 1/8 is capable of shooting 62+ with no problems.

As far as break in, most people have different opinions on it and how to do it, personally I believe it's not necessary nor have I ever did a barrel break in on any of my personal rifles.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have a nice match SS barrel, breakin is worthwhile.  Debatable on a match C-M barrel.  Unnecessary on a rack-grade CM barrel.  Totally pointless on a CL barrel.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top