Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2006 5:46:44 PM EDT
Who uses The Pig by Noveske Rifles and how are you liking them? also describing your setup would help. I just ordered 3 for some of my rifles. Excited to see the results. thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome!

I am waiting for mine to arrive too. I hear nothing but good feedback about them from members who have mounted them on their SBRs.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one on my Kitty Kat and it boosted it's reliability to 100% using all ammo.  It is much quieter from the shooter's perspective because it throws the concussive blast forward instead of to the side.  I am running an Enidine buffer which is notorious for not locking the bolt back on an empty mag and the Pig cleared that problem up with it's pressure boost.  Mine is the older KFH style but it works the same as the KX3.

MadDog

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
what is the smallest sized barrel you can use with the Noveske to make it a legal 16".  Also is there a rail system that will go right up to the Noveske and what size is it.

thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Been said a million times before, but I love that wepon MadDog. Don't ever change her one bit!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]
It works well for the SBR's My 10.5" LW piston upper quieted down a lot with it on. I wouldnt use it on a non SBR.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
what is the smallest sized barrel you can use with the Noveske to make it a legal 16".  Also is there a rail system that will go right up to the Noveske and what size is it.

thanks

Noveske Infidel 13.7" + Pig = 16.1"
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Judging by SamColt's measurements I would say any 13.0 FF HG would fit nicely.

MadDog
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:18:57 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks SamColt and MdDog, I'm pretty sure that is going to be my next (first) bulid.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Love it on my Mike Rock 7.5" upper and my LMT 10.5" upper.  Can't imagine shooting either one without it attached.

Just waiting on my Enidine and CTR:

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I've owned a couple KX3's and KFH's. They quiet down a Shorty quite a bit and increase reliability through more backpressure.

That being said, I would never buy one again. They make a 7 1/2" upper almost as heavy and as long as a 10" upper with an A2 FH (as is illustrated above quite well), and they make a 10.5" upper bigger than a 13" upper and almost as heavy.

I would rather have more barrel than more flash hider. More barrel will also do the same thing as the "pig", it will make it more reliable, and will make it quieter.

If you want a shorty to be quiet, get an OPS 14th or a SCAR SD, they would only be a little larger than the same setup with the "pig"

This is only my $.02, take it for what it's worth, just that.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just waiting on my Enidine and CTR:

www.fototime.com/5A52A501FED4E9C/standard.jpg

That is just awsome. I really need to get a 7.5" setup for fun.

Anyone know what the muzzel velocity on a 7.5" is with M193? Just wondering if it will still frag at CQB ranges. A 7.5" is a toy, but I would still like to know what kind of performance it would have.

Anyone taken game with a 7.5"?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I have one I use n my 16" 6.8...in fact it is the first KX3 produced in 6.8...I love what it does for the rifle.  The level of sound/muzzleblast/whatever you wanna call it that reaches your ears is DRAMATICALLY reduced.  You do not want to be in front of this thing when rounds are going down range...

Its a little heavy, so what?  Dampens recoil.

The only complaint or dissappiontment I have is that it does affect accuracy on my rifle. Groups fired with a Phantom on the muzzle are .6 to .75 @ 100, with the KX3 these open to 1.5 to 2".  I'm sure this is harmonics due to the weight of the KX3.  No biggee... I use the rifle in two configurations: 1) Hogs in the bushes...we do that alot around here...it gets the KX3 and an Eothing on a LaRue mount.  For precision rifle work the Phantom goes on and a scope in LaRue SPR 1.5.

I like it too much!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top