Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2006 5:12:08 PM EDT
I happened to look at my bushmasters logo the other day, and it looks like there is an m17 (or what ever that bullpup they used to build) inside the snake.  Do they still have that there?  It would be ironic as they don't build that rifle any more.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
No that is the old Bushmaster Arm gun I think. They used to make them back in the 1970's and early 1980's. It was a survial rifle for the airforce. Never took off I dont think the air force addopted it. It used 5.56 rounds and M16 mag's They also made a carbine version with a fal style folding stock. It used a gas piston system like a AR18. Not sure if Colt or Eugene Stoner desined it. Net Idea.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Its on all 4 my Bushy lowers.I wish Bushmaster made 1911s..id like a snake on that
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No that is the old Bushmaster Arm gun I think. They used to make them back in the 1970's and early 1980's. It was a survial rifle for the airforce. Never took off I dont think the air force addopted it. It used 5.56 rounds and M16 mag's They also made a carbine version with a fal style folding stock. It used a gas piston system like a AR18. Not sure if Colt or Eugene Stoner desined it. Net Idea.

We have one here as a test unit. It is a tool room gun and not very well made.

One of the neat features is the gun top ejects and the whole receiver rotates either left or right to eject the rounds away from the user. the mag of course goes the other direction.

Ours needs some work to fire more than one round and some of the internals are not heat treated.

I will see if we can get a picture of it. Ours sports a MIAD and Noveske break so it looks pretty cool.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top