Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2006 7:04:23 AM EDT
  I posted this on the optics site first but also thought it might be helpful to me and others if I posted it here since we all use our eyes to shoot. Hello, my name is Gary. I am new to this world of the AR15 and this is my first post. I am not new however to guns in general with my first encounter being with the m16 at the Parris Island rifle range in 1970. Since that time I have never entertained the idea of owning one of these weapons or even knew that you could? That all changed a few months ago when a new friend invited me to go shooting with him at a local gun club. He showed up with 2 Colt pre-ban AR15 rifles and plenty of ammo. Well needless to say at the end of the day I was hooked. This session brought back fond memories of the time spent at the Parris Island range and also how much fun it is to just go shooting and hang out with the guys. Two weeks ago my new rifle arrived, a RRArms Elite Carbine A4. Here is my problem, I am a right handed shooter with a left master eye. The Lord only knows how I qualified at the P.I. range because I can't remember any instructor determining our master eye. So now I have this great weapon and am not sure of the best way to shoot it right handed and be accurate? It would appear from doing some research that the only alternative, aside from shooting left handed, is to shoot with both eyes open? If that is the case is it feasable doing it using the sites on this gun as they are and still be accurate out to 150yds? I have not been able to try the gun out yet. Also I would like to put an Eotech 552 on it in the future. I will be shooting up to 150 yards as stated. If having both eyes open is the solution is that feasable using this scope and still maintain accuracy? Or does anyone have other solutions to solve my problem so that I can enjoy and shoot this weapon with more confidence? Thank you for your help.  .
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure of the Master Eye?

With you right hand point at something far away. Close left eye still on target? Right eye is master. If you are no longer on target LEFT eye is master.

Could got to left sided AR15 - forget who makes them but there is one.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Get the EOtech. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi Squid, Can you tell me why the problem would be solved by just using an Eotech? thank you
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Duplicate thread
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top