Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2006 10:29:30 AM EDT
I've looked around online and found undetailed reviews, most said they were good but avoid the earlier models. I figure I'd ask here. I'm asking cause I found a clean, solid appearing, and nice looking full-size AR with an AK74 style hider for a good price locally. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
try pkfirearms.com they will treat you right.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've looked around online and found undetailed reviews, most said they were good but avoid the earlier models. I figure I'd ask here. I'm asking cause I found a clean, solid appearing, and nice looking full-size AR with an AK74 style hider for a good price locally. Thanks!

Are you sure it is a whole PWA rifle and not just built on a PWA receiver?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
PWA never made full rifles. The lower receivers are pretty good, though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I built my first AR on a PWA lower in the 80's.  It's still going strong.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you sure it is a whole PWA rifle and not just built on a PWA receiver?
I believe it's just the lower, only thing marked PWA, but since lowers are what the government considers the gun I described it as such.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#6]
good to hear these are reliable lowers. I hope it's still there tomorrow!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#7]
PWA lowers were made by LMT.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#8]
PWA lowers got kind of a bad rap back in those days... people would buy a crap Nesard reject/nonspec rifle kit and build them on PWA lowers...  

I think Nesard is Model1 Sales now?  Not sure...
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:46:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
PWA lowers got kind of a bad rap back in those days... people would buy a crap Nesard reject/nonspec rifle kit and build them on PWA lowers...  

I first got my PWA lower in 1990 and built it on a Nesard kit because they were cheap and I was a broke college student.  What a horrible mistake .  They used rusty old M16 parts and modified them (using a bench grinder and a hammer it seemed) into AR15 parts.  Unfortunately, there was no such thing as ARFCOM back then to warn us.

I purged all the Nesard parts and replaced almost everything with Bushmaster (aka Quality Parts Co.) parts.  I've since put thousands of rounds through it and it still works great.  

I think Nesard is Model1 Sales now?  Not sure...

When Nesard went kaput in 1997-1998, It broke-up into different companies.... M&A Parts, Model 1 Sales, Sherluk, and (I think one more).

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#10]
If I ever run into PWA lowers or people that are willing to seperate a lower from the upper, I will buy it.     I like 'em.    

I haven't seen one in a few years now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I just sold my pre-ban PWA lower to a fellow AR lover in the Peoples Republik of New York. He needed a pre-ban, I was the original owner, we worked out a fair deal, we are both happy.

My father has another pre-ban PWA purchased the same time mine was (late 80s) with a serial number 11xxx just like mine. They are fine rifles, never had a problem with mine.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just sold my pre-ban PWA lower to a fellow AR lover in the Peoples Republik of New York. He needed a pre-ban, I was the original owner, we worked out a fair deal, we are both happy.

My father has another pre-ban PWA purchased the same time mine was (late 80s) with a serial number 11xxx just like mine. They are fine rifles, never had a problem with mine.

Sending them behind the lines is a great idea for everyone involved.  

The PWA's are nice, I just got one not long ago from a coworker who retired. He just wanted rid of most of his guns.

Like new, tight and nice. Damn nice rifles.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top