Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2006 6:02:44 PM EDT
I have a question about a match rifle. I am also wondering if there are any good match rifle forums around? I have been a long time U.S. military rifle owner and have always enjoyed rifle matches. I finally had the opportunity to shoot my first matches earlier this past summer, needless to say, I am now hooked! I unfortunately had to sell my Bushmaster HBAR rifle in late summer due to my new home purchase. So, here is my question I hope you all can help me with.

I have the opportunity to purchase a new in box DPMS 20" SS 1/8 twist match rifle in the pre-ban configuration (new manufacturer) the from a good friend. He owes me a little money and I can purchase this rifle for $600.00 form him! Just about what I have saved for my next rifle purchase at this time. I do not know much about DPMS. I have read the information about this rifle on the DPMS web page, I think I would be very happy with this rifle. I would also like to know some technical information about this rifle if anyone knows about them. Who makes the free float hand guard liner for DPMS, or do they make their own. Also, does anyone know the manufacturer of the SS barrel they use on this model as well? Any information will be helpful! Thank you very much!

I am thankful that I live in this country, a country where I can own firearms and enjoy this my favorite hobby, a hobby that others enjoy as much as I do!  

Joefoto.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know much about DPMS.  But maybe if you posted this in the Competition Shooting forum you might get more info!

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#2]
This also depends heavily on what sort of matches you want to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
i think the dpms dcm uses a wilson standard grade barrel.  better off with a match barrel for a little more $.  rra or woa.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top