Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2006 12:35:22 PM EDT
I figure I can kil zombies out to say 100yrds with it. I'm not sure about reliability though with it being the short barrel.. I understand the firebreathing pig helps with the back pressure but what am I looking at with that kinda thing?
Link Posted: 9/23/2006 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine runs great.  It is 100% with or without the krink brake.  With 69gr SMKs it will hold about 3/4" at 100 yards.  I load the 69s pretty hot though.  Great barrel but be prepared to be patient waiting on one.

Link Posted: 9/23/2006 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#2]
really huh? Damn
I looked at the site and I figured it would be like an instock ship as i ordered it thing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2006 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
really huh? Damn
I looked at the site and I figured it would be like an instock ship as i ordered it thing.

NOt exactly.

Worth the wait though.  My suggestion would be to order the barrel at the same time you do your form 1 to SBR the gun and the ATF approval will more than likely beat the barrel to you!!

Link Posted: 9/23/2006 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Each one a work of Art. Got to Give John A Very Big Plus1 That guy knows how to build Barrels!
Link Posted: 9/23/2006 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
just browsing i'm thinking about just getting te whole upper now. Doesn't seem too bad of a price considering what their whatever you call that compensator goes for.
Link Posted: 9/24/2006 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been waiting on a CQB barrel for 8 weeks now....should be in soon.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2006 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Can I use a a standard front sight block on these? I won't be adding a free float tube for quite some time.
Link Posted: 10/8/2006 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered mine from GlobalTactical on the 25th of September. I called them up last week and they said that John was in the middle of making a batch of the 10.5's and that I should see it within 3 weeks or so. Not sure how many barrels denny is getting, but you might want to call and see if he has any coming in that don't have an owner yet.

ETA: Anyone have one with a 9" rail attached? I would like to see how it looks before I put the $ down on a rail.

Link Posted: 10/9/2006 3:18:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

ETA: Anyone have one with a 9" rail attached? I would like to see how it looks before I put the $ down on a rail.

From NoveskeRifleworks website:

Impressive!
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 5:26:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't say about the 10.5", but my Noveske 7.5" runs flawlessly.
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 5:40:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.noveskerifleworks.com/images/cqbupper.jpg

Impressive!

I prefer the look with the 10" rail

Link Posted: 10/9/2006 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.noveskerifleworks.com/images/cqbupper.jpg

Impressive!

I prefer the look with the 10" rail

www.digitalperf.com/photo/albums/NFA/noveske1.jpg

Damn...I like that look even better. I like the look of the rail ending right at the KX3.

Good looking rifle!
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 6:25:14 AM EDT
[#14]
N/A
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#16]
N/A
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I hadn't seen any bad press about Noveske bbls until recently but then again, how many guys actually shoot em.  I mean really shoot them. Actually use them for hard core training or as a tool?

You can count on Pat Rogers and the 10-8 crew that they use their carbines
as tools-  and they give Noveske two thumbs up!
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hadn't seen any bad press about Noveske bbls until recently but then again, how many guys actually shoot em.  I mean really shoot them. Actually use them for hard core training or as a tool?

I don't doubt they do (endorse JHN bbls)................

But, this is pretty conclusive............

Quoted:

because maybe he did something to invalidate any normal warranty

After explaining that he was in the class and did a peal using about 4 1/2 mags (30 round) expended on SEMI-auto, John told him "yep, you got it too hot".  .....SNIP..... John said "I don't warranty my barrels and they will fail if you use them like that."  

I won't spend that kind of money on a premium AR/M16 bbl. if the maker isn't confident enough in it to back it up.

of course it's your money, and YMMV

Link Posted: 10/18/2006 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#20]
N/A
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#21]
There is a difference between using a barrel and abusing it.  A suppressor can turn normal use into abuse in a hurry.

As for warranty? Most places have NO WARRANTY.  That doesn't mean they don't have excellent customer service.  A warranty is a contract.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah... something doesn't smell right here.  John is about as much a stand-up guy as they get.  I had some problems with a custom carbine that turned out to have nothing to do with his barrel, but he paid for 2-way shipping and did some testing & work on it at NO cost to me.  He just said, "My name is on the barrel, so I want it to work."

After that, I ran that carbine in a Pat Rogers class and had no problems at all putting around 1400 rds through it in 3 days.  Didn't run it with a can attached, but it got hot enough to discolor the gunkote a little and still shot sub-MOA.  Also, that 10.5" Noveske you see from time to time in SWAT Magazine is EAG's (or Pat's) carbine and it sees a LOT of rounds downrange as a "loaner" in classes.  

I dunno... maybe 150 rds+/- back to back with a suppressor would damage it, but I can't believe it's a problem with Noveske barrels in general.

Link Posted: 10/20/2006 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#23]

I can't believe it's a problem with Noveske barrels in general.

Apparently it's not.  Noveske has revisited the issue now and had the bbl tested.  From what I understand he is making good on the bbl now and turning down a new one.  Hopefully things will work out well for all those involved in which case I can't see having anything bad to say about John and his products.  None of us understand the reluctance to replace the bbl right away but he has come through in the end.  I edited the rest of my posts in light of the new developments.  Things break, things fail, but if the company stands behind it then s'all good in my book.  

Debo  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:16:57 AM EDT
[#24]
so some of y'all with the shorter barrels do you have problems if you're just using say the supressor adapter instead of their brake/compensator/whatever they call it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:58:45 AM EDT
[#25]
I do not doubt that Noveske makes great barrels.

I just cannot justify spending that kind of $$ for one when I have had nothing but good luck with a good quality chrome lined barrel.  (say a Colt or LMT barrel)

Spend the extra $$ on ammo
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:40:33 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm the same way, but the noveske upper (whole thing) wouldn't cost me much mre than a colt.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:53:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I am building a SBR using the Noveske 10.5/KX3 along with the LMT enhanced F/A bolt carrier group. Should I be concerned with the overall function using these parts?

I have heard about "potential" problems but have never heard from a first person user...always, "my friend had this problem" or "I heard about this guy who had problems", etc.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#28]
If your SBR will be FA then the enhanced bolt may be helpful.  If it is SA then you are just wasting your money on the enhanced version. (IMHO)
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I am building a SBR using the Noveske 10.5/KX3 along with the LMT enhanced F/A bolt carrier group. Should I be concerned with the overall function using these parts?

I have heard about "potential" problems but have never heard from a first person user...always, "my friend had this problem" or "I heard about this guy who had problems", etc.

My experience with the LMT enhanced BCG is that the bolt is very nice, but the extractor springs in mine didn't last long before they got pretty weak.  Also, the enhanced carrier has an extra gas bleed-off hole that makes it bleed too much gas in all but one of the 4 14.5" to 16" barreled uppers I tried it in.  Made 3 out of 4 uppers short-stroke most of the time.

I'd say save your money and just buy an MP tested M16 bolt/carrier group and use something like the "Crane upgrade kit" here - http://www.gandrtactical.com/cleaning.htm

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Another post with problems concerning Noveske barrels

That is the same story being posted here.  IT could be posted on ten other boards and it would still be about the same buyer and barrel.  The issue is handled and the shit no longer needs to be stirred.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#32]
tag
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#33]

The issue is handled and the shit no longer needs to be stirred.

+1
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Another post with problems concerning Noveske barrels

That is the same story being posted here.  IT could be posted on ten other boards and it would still be about the same buyer and barrel.  The issue is handled and the shit no longer needs to be stirred.

Really? I IMed Irishfly before referencing the other thread to see if it was the same story and he said he is not a poster on M4carbine. BTW, I own a Noveske so I'm not trying to stir the pot. Just want to know if I should be on the lookout for some problems down the road.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I personally do not understand why someone would need a "High End" Custom barrel in a 10.5" gun. The main purpose of the CQBR is for CQ and Vehicle work. The factory Colt and LMT barrels perform great, at CQB distances and longer if needed. To spend that kind of money for 1/2" tighter groups at 100 yards on a gun that is designed for CQ is IMO dumb.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top