Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2006 11:20:34 AM EDT
I have researched posts on RRA quality but did not see much on the RRA Match Trigger and would appreciate any opinions. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine more than standard triggers I've shot in other folks' guns. A close friend owned three Bushmasters before joining the RRA fraternity. Two have the standard factory triggers, one has a Jewel. After shooting his own Varmint and my Entry Tactical, John believes the RRA trigger is just as good as the Jewel.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its the best trigger for the money.

+1  Nothing in its price range even comes close.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got one in my Varmint A4 and love it.  Although, I have not used any other 2 stage triggers on an AR15 so I guess my opinion is only limited.

It works great though!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I like mine. The only thing I noticed that would be considered negative is the trigger pin walking out of the lower receiver.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#6]
i love my RRA trigger
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Its great since it comes on the gun at no extra charge. Almost as good as my bushmaster varminter trigger.
JR
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I like mine. The only thing I noticed that would be considered negative is the trigger pin walking out of the lower receiver.

They come with oversized pins to prevent this... also are you sure you've got your spring in recess of the pin correctly?

I love mine.  They are a great value.    I've dropped in 4-5 of them in my own and friends' rifles.   I've only had to make a very minor adjustment with a fine stone to one of them (it would take a set on the first stage rather than returning fully forward...  about ten light strokes with a stone to remove a bur and it's ben 4.0 ever since).
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I find that they start out terrible for the first twenty or so pulls of the trigger but once the lube is spread around right and everything gets seated together it's truly an amazing trigger for the money.

I have a Jard, MCCormick, and two RRA NM triggers. I think I'll go with RRA's NM trigger from here on out.

KNS anti-walk pins are a must have, too. (At least for me.)  
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Have one on my DCM service rifle and love it. 100% reliable
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got one and it is OKAY but I think it will be much better once I get this pin issue sorted out. My pin doesn't walk out (even though it can be inserted with little to no pressure) but it does turn on the receiver instead of the trigger turning on the pin. I was going to take care of it but got really bussy this week. Once I get the callipers out ill see if the hole is too big or  if the pins are too small. If it is the first case then RRA assured me they would take care of it (it's a rra receiver) and if it is the second then I think I'll just get the .1555 kns pins.

Basically, I expect it to be a great trigger but something else is messing it up for me ATM.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one in my S&W M&P15T.  It's nice.  A definite upgrade from a standard spec single stage without comparison.  It is a little spongy in the 2nd stage with a slight amount of creep.  However, my KAC is much, much nicer.  

I would rather have the JP single stage match trigger w/speed hammer than the RRA 2 stage.  My KAC is definitely nicer than the JP, but there isn't much merit in comparing a match single stage and 2 stage trigger.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 12:25:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Its the best trigger for the money.

+1

I like mine very much in conbination with KNS pins, it works great and more than 3000 rounds without any problems.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Appreciate the feedback. Looks like a definite positive to RRA products.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I love my RRA 2 stage NM trigger.  100% reliable here.  All of my friends who have them love them and have had zero problems as well.  I like the very definitive second stage and the crisp, light release.  There are more expensive triggers out there but guys have a heck of a time getting them set up.  The RRA NM is ready to go with no adjustments necessary.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Pin shouldn't back out as long as you make sure to put the spring leg over the detent in the pin. Great trigger! PD (amateur)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top