Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2006 11:00:35 AM EDT
Title says it all.

I've been looking for an A3/A4 to do an A4 or SDM-R clone and have an opportunity to get a new Bushmaster A3 with detachable carry handle for $900.00. I'm just curious if some of the esteemed fellow board members think $900.00 is a fair price.

I saw on their website that their price for an A3 without the handle is 1085.00 by itself.

My manufacturer interest is Bushmaster, Armalite or Rock River Arms only.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, AIM has them new for $830 (plus S/H and FFL fees, if you aren't local to them and/or aren't an FFL).  They usually aren't even the best price around, so I'm guessing $900 is a little high.

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Bushmaster_Rifles.html

ETA: ADCO and others have RRA rifles for less than MSRP too:  www.adcofirearms.com/rockriver/rraffl.cfm?page=rra  You should give them a call/email and see what they can do.  RRAs have a lifetime warranty - impossible to beat.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
thats not a great price.

if i were you, id buy a complete RRA lower (they usually come with the match trigger already installed) and build the SDM-R upper myself. that way you can pick which components you want to use and you wont have to buy stock components only to replace them later.

inexpensive, fast, correct. pick two.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I paid $870 for mine.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done some thinking and your feedback has been helpful as well. I'll either buy a Colt, Armalite or RRA. After a closer look at the Bushmaster, its top rail on the receiver is not marked. I want my top rail marked. So, the search begins, again.....

Thanks for the replys.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
$900 isn't all that bad.  Are they throwing anything in?  If so I think that's a fair price.  And if you buy one from AIM, by the time you're done paying all the extra fees, it will be close to or over $900.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are going down the optics route, with maybe an acog for the A4 clone, I'd go with a RRA standard A4. I always reccomend eaglefirearms.net, but there are plenty of other great sources for RRA like Pete at Legal Transfers and Adco, both of whom I have not had personal expierience with, yet. But a standard A4 without a handle is $715 from legal transfers (www.ar15sales.com), and $769 from eagle. Then get all  of the fancy stuff from people like adcofirearms.

My $0.02
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
But a standard A4 without a handle is $715 from legal transfers (www.ar15sales.com), and $769 from eagle.

$715 for an A4? I would pay right now if they were local. I will have to find me a local FFL to do a transfer through. The local funshop is going to be pissed when I ask them to do a transfer on a deal that great! Thanks for the information!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Like John_C_Garand_Match said, LegalTransfers is selling a standard A4 for $715. Then just buy a detachable carry handle through them. They are great to work with, I just recently bought a CAR-A4 through them and their support was great and they are very honest with you.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top