Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 4:05:26 PM EDT
Hey all,

Ok, I am going into my first AR purchase and have made my decision except one little thing.  Well first I am a lefty through and through so i have settled on the Stag Arms upper and lower(heard nothing but great on thier products).  I have heard thr pros and cons from both perspectives but mainly from right handed shooters or at least the right eye dominant crowd, but I really think being entirelyside oriented its the best choice for me.  My real question or concern is that I really would like the benefits of the 6.8SPC cartridge as I think it alone makes the AR or would make any .223 rifle a much more multi purpose affair.  The flipside is that the 6.8 has not really taken off too fast yet.  One side of the coin dubs it the next industry standard so to speak and the other side sees it as a short lived novelty.  The ballistics of the 6.8 IMHO are quite obvious and that aloe as I said makes it a much more multi purpose rifle.

I would like to get soem thoughts from others on this and if there are any owners out there using 6.8 uppers let me know about the availability and cost for those 6.8 rounds and anything else you can offer to the subject.

I do appreciate any and all responses so thanks in advance for taking the time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
SPC rounds are about .50 a pop now, and should soon drop to .25 if rumors are to be believed.

You don't need a lefty gun.  The deflector will protect you.  Keep it stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top