Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2006 1:06:47 PM EDT
Which of these 3 carbines is more "desirable": superlight, heavy barrel, or "patrolmans" special?  Just another newb question.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Superlight is my favorite by far.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the superlight, and you will never look back. It will do 100% of what the other choices you listed will do, except it will save you from lugging around an extra 1/2 or more pounds of dead weight.

Hbars are commerical inventions to save the manufacturer time and money due to less lathe time.

M4 barrels are cool, but their sole purpose is to have that slot cut out so that you can attach a grenade launcher. No grenade launcher, no use for that profile whatsoever. Most people get them because they look cool, nothing more.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Get the superlight, and you will never look back. It will do 100% of what the other choices you listed will do, except it will save you from lugging around an extra 1/2 or more pounds of dead weight.

Hbars are commerical inventions to save the manufacturer time and money due to less lathe time.

M4 barrels are cool, but their sole purpose is to have that slot cut out so that you can attach a grenade launcher. No grenade launcher, no use for that profile whatsoever. Most people get them because they look cool, nothing more.

+1, Superlight actually has the most usefulness, but nowhere near the cool factor a 14.5inch M4 barrel has. 16 inch M4, meh. HBAR's have no reason for existance at all other than for target shooting, lol but who does that with a carbine?  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I got the bushmaster M4 14.5".  I love it. It feels very light, and points well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont forget the new barrels used in M4A1s are heavier than the regualr M4 profile by 6 ounces making them lighter than an HBAR by 12 ounces...if M203s were quick detachable you would see an HBAR on the M4...nothing holds up to sustained or full auto fire better.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dont forget the new barrels used in M4A1s are heavier than the regualr M4 profile by 6 4 ounces making them lighter than an HBAR by 12  4 ounces...if M203s were quick detachable you would see an HBAR on the M4...nothing holds up to sustained or full auto fire better.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Get the superlight , i like mine a lot

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well I got the bushmaster M4 14.5".  I love it. It feels very light, and points well.

Ditto
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top