Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2006 11:31:59 AM EDT
I know that Bushmaster uses a plastic trigger guard assembly on their rifles. I am wondering if anyone has had any durability issues with theirs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I own 4 Bushmasters and none have a plastic trigger guard. They range in age from about 5 years to 1 year old.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#2]
most of the new ones have the plastic one and yes it is annoying.  They do bend if you put pressure  ont them -- enough to effect the trigger travel.  Just knock out the roll pin and replace w/ a metal one.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
i have never had any problems with any of my bushmaster trigger guards and i would think if the force was there to bend it and cause problems with the trigger then it would probably just break and not be a problem.

i have a bushmaster rifle that i refer to as a beater and it has been thrown across the parking lot, thrown over a hill, off the rooftops, at a wall, slid on gravel floor and the trigger guard has never given me any problems.  

there are better things i would spend my money on than buying some worthless "mil-spec" metal trigger guard. but since i actually shoot my rifles i guess i wouldnt know, i spend my money on ammo especially if its between some trigger guard or ammo.

ymmv, my .02 do as you please..
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't broken one yet but I don't use it on the job either.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
You should look at getting a MAGPUL unit. If you need a standard aluminum unit IM me your address and I'll send you one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I know that Bushmaster uses a plastic trigger guard assembly on their rifles. I am wondering if anyone has had any durability issues with theirs.

I've replaced more than a half dozen of the plastic trigger guards that BFI sends on their ARs.  This was after breaking just one while out in the boonies.  I had strapped my carbine into the rack on the front of an ATV with the weapon oriented top up.  The first bump and I noticed the carbine was not sitting as high... Upon inspection, the TG was broken.  

Why BFI would use plastic is beyond me.  The replacement units I get are Yellow Tavern IIRC & further cost ~$3 through Brownells.  I would assume if BFI put in an order for 10s of thousands of them in a year, the cost to the consumer would be absolutely minimal & the benefit well worth it IMO.

By JBTJ: I own 4 Bushmasters and none have a plastic trigger guard. They range in age from about 5 years to 1 year old.

You sure about that  Press up on the TGs with your finger. I'm willing to bet they'll bend.  I mistakenly thought they were aluminum until closer inspection. AFAIK, every one I've handled since my first in 1998 has had a plastic TG from the factory.

Sly
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've replaced more than a half dozen of the plastic trigger guards that BFI sends on their ARs.  This was after breaking just one while out in the boonies.  I had strapped my carbine into the rack on the front of an ATV with the weapon oriented top up.  The first bump and I noticed the carbine was not sitting as high... Upon inspection, the TG was broken.  

Why BFI would use plastic is beyond me.hinking.gif  The replacement units I get are Yellow Tavern IIRC & further cost ~$3 through Brownells.  I would assume if BFI put in an order for 10s of thousands of them in a year, the cost to the consumer would be absolutely minimal & the benefit well worth it IMO.

By JBTJ: I own 4 Bushmasters and none have a plastic trigger guard. They range in age from about 5 years to 1 year old.

You sure about thathe
Sly

Sly, your are correct. Well I’ll be dipped in tar and feathered. hock.gif  Learn something new everyday. All 4 are plastic for sure.  But, still never had a problem with it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Last plastic one I had had the government NSN number along the side edge of the guard. I figured it was a mil spec guard since it has the number on it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Any one go a link to a metal one.?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I changed my Bushies to the aluminum ones.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone have a plastic triggerguard they are willing to part with? I actually like them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Does anyone have a plastic triggerguard they are willing to part with? I actually like them.

Want to trade for an aluminum trigger guard? Either way, I'll send you a plastic one as soon as I get an aluminum trigger guard to replace it. IM me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=712344

You can get them other places too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=712344

You can get them other places too.

Hey Ne1 thanks bro!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top