Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 11:47:21 AM EDT
Pulling that shit out of the boxes, then fingering em' off the plastic doohickey is a PITA. I'd pay the same amount of money to get some Wolf bagged 193PD style!

Lamest rant ever, I know.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=270540

Pay a $100 more and no more plastic doohickeys.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Lamest rant ever, I know.

Actually I don't think it is.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, somebody needs to email this thread to Wolf.  I mean, seriously, packaging is nice and all, but the main limiting factor on how many rounds of Wolf I put downrange is basically the time it takes to get the rounds out of the darn boxes.  No plastic thingies, more bang, more ammo sold.

Now look at the Wolf 9mm -- you open those boxes and tip the plastic thing over and voila, you have all the rounds ready to load up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got some brand new Wolf from Gander Mountain, and it had no plastic thing.  Still 20 round boxes, but little thin cardboard dividers instead.  Just open the box and dump the rounds out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I just bought 1000 rounds of Wolf and am hoping when I get it in the mail, that I don't have to deal with 20 packs and a pain in the ass packging
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been out of the loop for a while. What plastic thingies are y'all talking about?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've been out of the loop for a while. What plastic thingies are y'all talking about?

Shell dividers in the cardboard boxes, it's like a little "tree" that all the rounds stick down into.

I agree 100% on the rant tho, I think it everytime I order Wolf and wish it was $10 cheaper and packed in a single box.

I did learn a neat trick tho with the plastic dohickeys....

Hold a 30round mag between your legs, with a Lula loader on it. Now, put the Wolf on the plastic up to the mouth of the magazine, and push a round into it. Then, flip the lever and push the next round (the one beside it) into the mag. Repeat and you can load a mag faster than you can with loose packed rounds....it works really well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought I was the only one that hated those little plastic things.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Just push one  or two off and then flex the plastic and they all pop right off .
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:20:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shell dividers in the cardboard boxes, it's like a little "tree" that all the rounds stick down into.

I agree 100% on the rant tho, I think it everytime I order Wolf and wish it was $10 cheaper and packed in a single box.

I did learn a neat trick tho with the plastic dohickeys....

Hold a 30round mag between your legs, with a Lula loader on it. Now, put the Wolf on the plastic up to the mouth of the magazine, and push a round into it. Then, flip the lever and push the next round (the one beside it) into the mag. Repeat and you can load a mag faster than you can with loose packed rounds....it works really well.

You could also use stripper clips. Open the back of the box to reveal the rear of the cartridges. Slip the stripper clip over it and voila, 10 rd are gone.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:48:43 AM EDT
[#12]
think if wolf came bulk packed the quality would get a bit worse.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top