Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 8:05:07 PM EDT
I am looking at getting an FF rail system but I have many questions.
First off, I would prefer an uninterupted rail, no gaps. Second, if there are gaps, I would like it if the locking device does not prevent my Eotech from stradeling the gap. I don't know if this would rule out the Larue, a rail I was really looking at. Also, the Troy system seems very nice, with its uninterupted rail, something that I think not only looks cool, but gives me so many more mounting options for a large based optic, like my Eotech. Feel free to chime in with your setups as well as your own experiences and suggestions. I should also note that I am using a 14.5 in. barrel with a perm phantom so this work will be done at a gunsmith anyway. Also, I want the rail to cover the FSB, all the way up to the muzzle device, so feel free to suggest some good rail legnths as well.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
there is a huge thread in the uppers,lowers forum
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:00:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
there is a huge thread in the uppers,lowers forum

I guess my real question should be, can I mount an Eotech over the gap in the Larue rail?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:35:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you can mount your EOTech over the gap between the flatop upper and a LaRue rail.  The locking mechanism does not interfere.  I can even move the EOTech further forward so that it is even more on the LaRue with no problems.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes, you can mount your EOTech over the gap between the flatop upper and a LaRue rail.  The locking mechanism does not interfere.  I can even move the EOTech further forward so that it is even more on the LaRue with no problems. i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/greenst/Armalite.jpg

Thanks, looks like Larue is getting my $$$$.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top