Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 10:54:41 AM EDT
Hey guys, heres a question...I've looked for decent photos on the net for the answer, but can't find any...

Anyway, I am down visiting my parents in NC, and went to a local Army Surplus place, and while digging through a few boxes of small stuff, found a KAC VFG....so I asked the lady what she had on it, she asked where I found it, I said in those baskets, she said what is it, I said a vertical foregrip, she said give me $1.00.  

I didn't have to think long...

Anyway, I currently have a SOG VFG on my M4gery, and I know it has a tranverse screw to tighten it up on the rail. The KAC has that solid core piece that appears to have a stud to engage in the center holes on the rail...but it does have holes through it where maybe a transverse screw went through it? I was just wondering if it is missing something, or does it attach by friction fit and the center stud?

TIA...
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info...that is what I figured, and was hoping...time to take off the SOG and put the KAC on!

I looked all around hoping to find more weapons stuff, but alas, nothing else.

Still, I'm not complaining....
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you sure it is not a airsoft copy?
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Seems to be way too well made and solid to be an airsoft copy, Has the KAC logo and the address on it, O-ring onthe solid core...looks legit to me...
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seems to be way too well made and solid to be an airsoft copy, Has the KAC logo and the address on it, O-ring onthe solid core...looks legit to me...

You do know that KAC has a authorized airsoft VFG right?

ETA . Not trying to rain on your parade BTW . If you scored a real Kac VFG for a buck , all I can say is DUDE Sweet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:53:44 AM EDT
[#6]
You can tell the real deal from the arisoft version by the weight of the piece. The KAC VFG is heavier than it looks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, it is fairly heavy and well made, doesn't seem like an airsoft crap copy.

The other thing is the store was a true hole in the wall surplus place, in a cinder block building, all the stuff was real surplus, no aftermarket crap. It is in WNC, my guess the guy goes to Bragg and buys the big surplus lots and then sorts them out...

Certainly didn't see any airsoft / paintball crap anywhere, as far as the lady behind the counetr, I am sure I could have said "its a kerflunkle schnibitzpoo" and it would have made as much sense as "vertical fore grip" to her, she had no idea....

Believe me, if i could've found more or some light mounts, etc, I would have grabbed them too...

Its always fun digging around in surplus piles, you never know what you might find....
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#8]
For a buck, who cares if it is Airsoft.

Good find.....I'm jealous! All the surplus stores around here are way overpriced and have very little actual surplus!

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
For a buck, who cares if it is Airsoft.

Good find.....I'm jealous! All the surplus stores around here are way overpriced and have very little actual surplus!

I hear ya....most "Army Navy" stores anymore have more knock of shit than actual surplus...

The two I found in WNC if anyone is interested, one is in Etowah, one is in Clyde...both places are chock full of real surplus, didn't really see any knock off shit (unless you count "Tru-Spec" ACU's...). Prices varied IMHO from super sheap to a bit overpriced depending on the item...

But both places smell like real surplus places (mmmm, I love that smell, a close second to Hoppes!), and you have to climb over piles of shit to get around...can't beat that!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top