Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 6:13:05 AM EDT
In Feb the word was Colt (military contract side) was being bought out by General Dynamics, and the fate of the civilian side of the buisness did not look like it was going to survive.  I ran to my local gun shop where they still had three Colt 6520's availble at $1069.  I put one in layway thinking they would vainsh quickly or the price would skyrocket shortly.  But to my surprise they still have two left and the price has not gone up.  Was this just a marketing scheme?  Or just a rumor.  From what I have read Colt and GD have no knowledge of this deal.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:25:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt being sold is a rumor.  Bushmaster being sold is not a rumor.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Who is Bushmaster being sold to?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:37:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster is not being sold. thats a rumor

ETA- At least the people that work there are un aware of it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:44:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Well, they have an announcement posted in their Industry forum on this board:

Bushmaster News
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:53:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Are you sure?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I guess its not a rumor. Just talked to a friend that works there and, well, I am a dumbass. There was a rumor a little ways back that they were going to be sold and leave Maine, well the rumor was part true but they aint leaving Maine so at least the jobs will stay here. This will teach me to post before I know the facts.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Those who work at a company are generally told nothing about an pending sale of assets. Most companies will hide a pending bankruptcy also until it is filed. [NOT saying that BM had any financial problems]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Funny, Colt must be in better financial condition then Bushie. Makes me wonder what is up. Did they grow to fast, offer to many products, or was an offer made because of their profitability? Or did the owner just get out because of retirement?

I certainly hope that the new owners treat it well and don't run it into the ground as some of the past owners of Colt did.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Gun shop I go to(the people that make Williams fire sights) has a wall of various AR15 makers but most of them are Bushy and that is what they sell the most of.  The mananger told me he was just waiting on the word to go ahead and raise their prices because he had heard Colt was being sold too.  He said they has ordered 6721's and Colt sent them them three 6520's.  He said he does not know when they will receive any more Colts.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top