Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 6:51:41 PM EDT
Heres my problem... When you hold the trigger then cock the gun the disconnector catches the hammer but when you let off the trigger real real slow the sear dont catch the hammer and the hammer falls.  But if you let go of the trigger fast the sear will catch it...whats the deal?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
make, model, who assembled? MORE INFO please.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Your experiencing poor disconnect timing... Could be due to out of spec parts, worn parts or weak disconnect spring...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I also was thinking the disco spring was fried, but I still don't know round count, age, or such stuff...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Its a bushmaster m4.  I have the jp springs in it.  I have around 2000 rds through it but prob only 600 rds on the new springs.  I did polish the sear, hammer and pins with mothers but i did that a while back.  After the polish job it worked fine.  I just put the factory springs back in to see if it was the jp springs and it still did it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I ran into this on a lower I got at a gunshow,  ended up the ass that assembled it used a lg hole hammer in a small hole lower,  had a smooth trigger pull though,  but the f-ing hammer pin had a walking habbit!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
So what do you guys think i should do...replace the trigger,hammer,disconnector,pins?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Replacing the FCG isn't that expensive...in fact, likely worth it if you want your AR to be reliable.

(provided you don't mess with it... )
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]
FIRST check that there is not a piece of trash under the front of the disconnector, such as a piece of primer anvil or a buildup of gunk.  Clean it well and reassemble, retest.  ONLY if this is clean, proceed to correcting the disconnector.

To do this, remove a little material where indicated.  This will tilt the disconnector forward.  Do just a tiny bit at a time until it catches properly and holds until you can release the trigger slowly, and the hammer is caught on the front of the trigger and remains cocked.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
FIRST check that there is not a piece of trash under the front of the disconnector, such as a piece of primer anvil or a buildup of gunk.  Clean it well and reassemble, retest.  ONLY if this is clean, proceed to correcting the disconnector.

To do this, remove a little material where indicated.  This will tilt the disconnector forward.  Do just a tiny bit at a time until it catches properly and holds until you can release the trigger slowly, and the hammer is caught on the front of the trigger and remains cocked.

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/AFreeMan/FixDisc.jpg

That might work if the disconnect is worn but what if the spring is bad? What if the sear is worn? What if the pin is bad? What if?

I don't recommend just timing the disconnect, I would first diagnose the problem and then correct it...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Of course!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top