Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2006 4:59:29 PM EDT
Any owners of Stag rifles actually have to send anything back to get fixed? They told me that they'd have it back out to me after 1 business day of having it, well the shipping dood wasn't in today so I couldn't check on the progress of my upper being looked at for short stroking / not feeding. They told me he was off today for Good Friday and call back Monday...

Anyone tell me if they had a better experience or a worse one??
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Stag customer service is TOP NOTCH.

I sent my upper back to them for repair.  They emailed me a shipping label that was already prepaid.  Just had to affix it and drop it off.

They had it back in the mail FIVE HOURS after receiving it.  But I think the short stroking problem was related to my buffer, and not the upper, so they didn't have to do much to it.  They still oiled the hell out of it and test fired it.

Now, since the problem is related to my NON-STAG buffer, guess what they're doing.  That's right, sending me a brand new STAG buffer and spring.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't make my Stag fuck up, so I couldn't tell ya.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got an upper a couple of days ago from Stag and it came without the forward assist. I just e-mailed them (yes I could have called and told them also) to ask if it was supposed to come with it and to let them know that I got the upper w/o the FA and they just said yea it's supposed to be there. I also put in the e-mail that I was going to get the FA from another supplier so I would have one. I sort of expected an offer to supply me with one, but nothing. That pretty much makes up my mind that from now on I will only by parts from the EE from vendors that I have purchased from before. The Stag is well worth it, but I will choose to get Stag products from someone other than Stag personally from now on. Just my personal experience and I hope this is not the norm since I have heard only good things regarding Stag.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:51:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I can't make my Stag fuck up, so I couldn't tell ya.

I hear that!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:17:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Stag should have supplied you an FA since you paid for it, but, you did tell them that you would get one elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:23:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just got an upper a couple of days ago from Stag and it came without the forward assist. I just e-mailed them (yes I could have called and told them also) to ask if it was supposed to come with it and to let them know that I got the upper w/o the FA and they just said yea it's supposed to be there. I also put in the e-mail that I was going to get the FA from another supplier so I would have one. I sort of expected an offer to supply me with one, but nothing. That pretty much makes up my mind that from now on I will only by parts from the EE from vendors that I have purchased from before. The Stag is well worth it, but I will choose to get Stag products from someone other than Stag personally from now on. Just my personal experience and I hope this is not the norm since I have heard only good things regarding Stag.

You told them you were going to buy the parts on your own and you're dissapointed they didn't beg you to let them fix it?

Umm... why didn't you just ask them to send you the parts instead?  That would have made a little more sense, don't you think?  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes I could have asked Stag to send me the forward assist. Why would I want them to beg me to send the FA (if they can't do it right then I will do it myself)? I just would have expected them to get the order right the first time. It's just the principal of the thing. If I order something and you F it up - I just won't do business with you again. They really could have begged me though - on and on until I give in - oops, that's another topic.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:01:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Just receieved my free buffer and spring from them.  My Stag feels 10x better already.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#9]
relax, they'll take care of you

Assuming he started work at 8am....he's been there for about 5 hours now....

Maybe you should call him a few more times
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top