Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2006 12:47:08 PM EDT
OK, I'm old.  the last military rifle I used was an M-14.

So, what is the safety pin for that comes with the bandoleers, stripper clips, and loader?

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Pin the loader to the bandoleer so you don't lose it.

Later after you've loaded magazines and put THEM in the bandoleer you can pin the center of the strap to the center of the bandoleer and have a field expediant chest harness for carrying magazines.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't loose the loader... Got it!! Makes good sense....

But, the bandoleers I have don't look like they are deep enough for 30 round mags, but they hold three strippers just fine.

I appreciate the reply.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:51:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Me too.

But the first one I used was an M1, and was an M1918A2 BAR gunner for awhile
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:16:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like you got me beat.  In 1967 they were using M-14s.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:27:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't loose the loader... Got it!! Makes good sense....

But, the bandoleers I have don't look like they are deep enough for 30 round mags, but they hold three strippers just fine.

I appreciate the reply.

How many pockets does it have?
The first bandos were for 20 round magazines. They held two clips, in cardboard, or a 20 round mag. They had 7 pockets.
Later there was a version for the 30 round mags. They would hold 3 clips in cardboard and had a white stitch across the bottom. When you pull the stitch, it'll hold a 30 round mag. They only have 4 pockets.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the info..I understand more...

Mine have 4 pockets.  Pulled the string and Presto the 30 rounder dropped in as designed..

When I bought these they each had a cardboard liner, 12 stripper clips, a loader, and a pin.  So, were they issued filled with 120 rounds (3 clips of 10 in each of the 4 pockets or did one of more mags come with the bandoleers?  Or, did they come with filled mags, or some combination of these??

Thanks again..its a good day when you learn something..
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#8]
where to find some bandoleers set-ups and extra cardboards ammo holders?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the info..I understand more...

Mine have 4 pockets.  Pulled the string and Presto the 30 rounder dropped in as designed..

When I bought these they each had a cardboard liner, 12 stripper clips, a loader, and a pin.  So, were they issued filled with 120 rounds (3 clips of 10 in each of the 4 pockets or did one of more mags come with the bandoleers?  Or, did they come with filled mags, or some combination of these??

Thanks again..its a good day when you learn something..

Ammunition leaves Lake City packed exactly as you describe, 7 bandoleers per ammo can, 2 ammo cans per wooden crate.  Re-reading your post, there should have been 4 cardboards, one for each pocket of the bandoleer.

Magazines are distributed and issued separately.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, what is the safety pin for that comes with the bandoleers, stripper clips, and loader?

I was told the pin (and the reason it being black) was to allow the bandoleer strap to be pinned for different lengths i.e. an adjustable strap for different hieghts of people carrying the bandoleer.

That was my guess as well.

Garand bandoleers also came that way (at least in my experience) - but didn't have loaders or anything, just a bunch of pre-loaded garand clips with the cardboard, in separate pockets (6 of them, I think).
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
where to find some bandoleers set-ups and extra cardboards ammo holders?

Best place I know is Wu's Surplus on the web.  I've dealt with him several times and the stuff is always high quality.

Be forewarned - it's a part time business so don't expect 24 hour replys to your e-mails.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, Forest for the help.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, Forest for the help.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top