Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 8:09:45 AM EDT
Hi guys,

I installed a MI #20 rail to my M4 and added a Tango Down VFG. I had to do some fitting to the upper piece of the Tango Down to get it to slide into the lower rail, but after installing it I noticed that the 2 levels of the VFG don't go all the way up even know the aligment is right. Is this normal?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Normal.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Normal.

But doesn't it make sense for the 2 levels to go all the way up so that they completely lock in the rails instead of just a piece of the rail.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Normal.

But doesn't it make sense for the 2 levels to go all the way up so that they completely lock in the rails instead of just a piece of the rail.

The rods that interface into the rail grooves are angled so they don't need to go all the way to the top to engage.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#4]
My TDVG won't budge when put on my MI HG's.

The locking bars are just as pictured on my carbine and rifle. ROCK SOLID.

Don't worry about it. Go shoot!

HS1
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#5]

That's normal condition, don't worry about it.

My TD VFG is the same way and rock solid on my rails.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd describe it as:  "disturbingly normal".

Sly
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Yup, they never fit. The TD grip has more posts on this board about sanding, filing, trimming, wire ties etc...to fit than any other aftermarket part. And for some reason people take it in stride and accept it. If it was any other part that consistently needed modification to fit this board would fry it.

Go figger.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yup, they never fit. The TD grip has more posts on this board about sanding, filing, trimming, wire ties etc...to fit than any other aftermarket part. And for some reason people take it in stride and accept it. If it was any other part that consistently needed modification to fit this board would fry it.

Go figger.

Technically, most of the rails are out of spec that the VFG goes on.

MOOT POINT
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Normal.

It does make sense as it wouldn't be possible to have them drop perfectly flush against every rail, so you would end up with a different set of tolerances for each rail.  Obviously that wouldn't work, so by angling the pieces which mate with the rail, they acheive the same results.

Hopefully that makes a little sense.  

That makes perfect sense. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Same way with mine.

Nathan
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#12]
No modifications made to any of the pictured TD VFG's?   DD, LaRue and MI so far,  maybe somebody can post some  close up pics of Surefire, KAC and YHM with a TD VFG.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No modifications made to any of the pictured TD VFG's?   DD, LaRue and MI so far,  maybe somebody can post some  close up pics of Surefire, KAC and YHM with a TD VFG.

I had to do some sanding on the upper piece of the TD to get it to slide in, even now after some sanding is not easy to slide it in or out. The good thing is that it does not move at all.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I have to use  a rubber mallet to get my TDVG to even move.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine Wiggles on the DD rail... Zero Modification whatsoever. It wiggled when it was on the Surefire M73 about the same.

Nathan
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No VFG modifications required on my LaRue 9.0 as shown and my other KAC M4 RAS, Samson MRFS-M FF 9" and MRFS-R FF 12".
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top