Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/13/2006 5:15:09 AM EDT
I bought a 24inch Bull barreled  varmint upper off of a friends family estate sale(this guy  died). There are no markings on the upper- so I have no idea who  made it. This upper  is the most accurate upper I have ever shot , so I'm keeping it. The problem is that it has a full length free float tube on it &  who ever put the bipod stud on ,put it on  a little off center, so now when shooting with a bi-pod the  view looks canted thru the scope.   I was thinking abouth a full length four rail   handguard that goes  all the way back to the top of the flattop receiver- , or is there a easier way to  attach a stud & have it centered on this tube? How do you guys do it?  I've done four free float tubes & to be honest- they're all just a cunt hair off center...I can never get it   "JUST RIGHT"....any help would be great!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Uhm, what brand bipod do you have? The Harris Series "S" allows compensation for uneven ground and canting. That should solve the issue. Getting a new bipod sounds cheaper/easier than screwing aound with "adjusting" or replacing the forearm.

ETA: Have you had your eyes checked recently?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:44:17 AM EDT
[#2]
EYES are GOOD!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top