Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 9:32:07 PM EDT
I believe these are police and military only so far, but what have you guys heard about them?  Apparently they've made the innards better for increased reliability against sand and other elements.

Check out the .pdf here.

And yeah this is from October 2005 but it is still fairly new. :D

Discuss.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
8-05 is OLD news here...!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:04:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I know I know, I wish I saw this sooner.  I doubt civilians will be able to get our hands on one though any time soon in semi.  :\
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#3]
They're awesome and if you could have on the gov't would have already given it to you.  That's pretty much the skinny on the HK.  There are more Bin Laden sightings in Washington DC thsn there are civilian 416 sightings.

That's unfortunate, but it's the way it is for the time being.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn, well that's what I was looking for.   *sniffle*
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:41:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

August is the 8th month, not October.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#6]
The word is that we lowley civilians are not good enough to own any part of the HK-416, unless we find an unscrupulous SOT who stripps off the uppers and sells them for outrageous amounts of money.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Rumor is Law Enforcement types may be able to get them, but that is just a rumor I read here (although it came from a reputable source)

As for civilian sales..........I don't see it unless it ends up like the Colt embargo against civilian ownership of their LE line.

edit to add:

Here are a couple of Hk416 threads from the archive server (not sure if all can access it and if not here is how the first one starts):  (LINK)

I heard from one of my range officers today that HK announced at SHOT that the 416 will be available to individual officers, not JUST to departments. I have no idea how much they are going to charge me for this "privilege" to own a legal rifle, but I thought it was noteworthy.

and

This one --> 9-pager regarding the SAR Hk416 article

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

August is the 8th month, not October.

D'oh!

But still, until my gas tube curls up and dies, I'm not missing the 416 too much...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top