Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2006 8:37:36 PM EDT
I just wanted to make a proper "first post" myself. This is my second AR overall but my first in several years. I once had a 20" Colt HBAR that to this day is the only gun I ever sold, and I have regretted it ever since. Hey I was in college and A LOT of things seemed like a good idea at the time. I've shot and bought everything else since...including a nasty addiction to left-handed Weatherby bolt guns but had a glaring omission in my safe! I can see that BRD will be even worse...I just added this RRA entry tactical with Chrome lined barrel and Eotech 512 and I'm already planning a 6.8 build. The RRA hasn't even made its first trip to the range yet! That happens Saturday and I'm fired up to once again be a black rifle owner....or do they own me now??? Thanks to everyone for helping me get up to speed on what is current and I look forward to contributing here.

P.S. Still trying to decide on rear BUIS..leaning toward ARMS 40L...

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/659/p10100032ci.jpg

EDIT: If anyone has any advice on a good sling that will let me carry it muzzle down and serve as a shooting aid i'm all ears-22
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#1]

they own YOU!

good choice on the BUIS
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice virgin, but she will be much more fun once you've popped her cherry. Mine just keeps gettin' sweeter.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:35:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll get a range report in after the weekend. I can't wait!-22
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:40:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll get a range report in after the weekend. I can't wait!-22

Don't forget... MORE PICS!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:22:36 AM EDT
[#5]
the addiction will soon own you.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:03:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a GG&G and like it alot.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:49:51 AM EDT
[#7]
If you wear an LBE or something else with an attachment point on the shoulder you can dummy cord it with 550 cord. Im going to get pics of this the next oportunity, and try to post them here. Ill be doing it with a Rubber Ducky A2 (or a demilled A1), but it also works with my AK, mossberg, 10/22. Should be adaptable to anything.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a KAC 300 meter and ARMS 40L folder.  Both are very flat when folded.

I don't care for the fact that I have to flip the aperture when I deploy the ARMS, but it is no big deal.

Small sacrifice for a flat folding BUIS.

I really like the KAC, simple, robust, etc....

I would try to find a used model of either one.  I recall seeing a KAC running for about $70 used and an ARMS about $85-90 used.  

I bought my KAC for $60 used, had something engraved on it, don't care cause I Krylonized the whole boom stick!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#9]
The flat profile is why I was looking at the 40L. I don't intend to use a riser with the Eotech and want something out of the way entirely when its not deployed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The flat profile is why I was looking at the 40L. I don't intend to use a riser with the Eotech and want something out of the way entirely when its not deployed.

pretty much any folding rear sight will be [completely] out of the way of the EOTech when folded. check out the YHM folding rear sight. it may not be as super-zoomie as some of the other stuff out there, but they are cheap, well made, and functional. i also have a complet ARMS 40's and 40-L's, and i won't spend the extra money on one over the YHM offering.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top