Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/11/2006 11:19:37 PM EDT
My first AR is a basic 20" A2 version.  It doesn't get much use anymore.  It funciton fine, except the front sight base seems to be rotated slighted.  This requires the rear sight to moved about 3/4 to the right to be zeroed.  This is annoying more than anything.  Is there an easy fix for this?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:44:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:56:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:30:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Whack it with a rubber hammer.

I would not do this myself.

D_H is an accomplished gun guy, and may feel comfortable with it, but I am not

I would encourage you sending it to Bushmaster (I assume its a bushy because they are well known for canted FSBs) or whatever maker you have.

This situation may include a binded gas tube, or other related issues. Best handled by the experienced or certified AR armorer.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:51:15 AM EDT
[#4]
i have done a few with a rubber mallet and its fairly simple.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Whacking it with a rubber hammer does indeed sound a bit crude.... but the amount of cant should be quite small if it is on paper. It might work but it is VERY inexact.
You could be whacking it from one side and then the other and so on and so on.
Who made it? You may should consider sending it back to the factory but I am sure they have tolerances of error that may or may not sit well with us.

Good luck
Bill
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:45:38 AM EDT
[#6]
another one for "whack it" what do you have to lose ? if it works you saved a few months of being without your rifle, or if you have an AR-15 wrench, and barrel blocks, remove the gas tube loosen the barrel nut tap the front the direction you want it to go and retighten the barrel nut, if you have not torn down an AR-15 and rebuilt it, this may not be a job for you, but the more you "tinker" with an AR the more you will learn about them, in my opinion they are the easiest rifle on this planet for an amatuer to "tinker" with and learn about and build from scratch !!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top