Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 11:50:51 AM EDT
which four digit model number is EXACTLY a semi-only M16A2?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
which four digit model number is EXACTLY a semi-only M16A2?

The closest you will get is a 6551
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I would say it is the 6550 as it is roll marked AR-15A2 and it has a bayo lug which the 6551 doesnt; however, you will have to find a used one since Colt won't make them like this anymore

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
replies are correct

If I were to build a M16A2 in semi, I would do it with a Colt LE lower (6721, 6920, or the AR15 A2 Rollmarked lower model?)

and get a genuine 20" Colt upper from Armament International

and they have them NIB for about $775

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I want it to train with on my own time after I get back from AIT. I'll have about $10,000 bucks after I take the taxes out of my NPSEB and the E3 pay I wont spend very much of. I'm putting half of that in the Bank, leaving $5,000. And since this is one of only a couple things (the others add up to about $2000) I'm going to spend that on I have a considerable budget for this. Therefore, I dont mind dropping a little extra for a used "collectable". It has been suggested to me to just buy a Bushmaster, etc. But I did some rough things (ie. uncoordinated, stupid shit only a dumb cadet would do) to the Colt I carried at FTX drill in March. It survived, functioned flawlessly, and after a could cleaning could have passed for NIB. That experience gave me a certain fondness for the Colt.

Of course, with my luck, I'll buy a setup just like we have right now, and then a month or two later I'll go to drill and it will be announced "Guess what, The regiment is getting M4s!"
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would say it is the 6550 as it is roll marked AR-15A2 and it has a bayo lug which the 6551 doesnt; however, you will have to find a used one since Colt won't make them like this anymore

www.chameleonweaponry.com/dr-arf/RM_COLT_223_AR15A2_GOVT_MODEL_REVISE_1.jpg

A 6551 has the correct lower.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top