Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/10/2006 4:42:26 PM EDT
Does anyone make or sell just the barrel?  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, just about anywhere that sells parts sell barrels.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry but that was a dumbfuck answer dude.

This is an ultra heavy 20" barrel with a 1" diameter , 1:7 twist, special gas tube, and a carry handle/bipod mount connected to the barrel.  Only Colt and Colt Canada make this part and even then it is rare.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

This is an ultra heavy 20" barrel with a 1" diameter , 1:7 twist, special gas tube, and a carry handle/bipod mount connected to the barrel.  Only Colt and Colt Canada make this part and even then it is rare.  

No reason to call me a dumbfuck.

I didn't read the title real well, nor did I know there was a specific model called a "colt automatic rifle" anyway. I thought you were asking about Ar barrels in general. Lots of new people come asking questions that are that broad and general all the time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I predict that people won't be rushing to answer your question.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:54:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Nice.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:26:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

good way to make friends! this guy tries to help you out by answering a very open question and this is how you respond. sorry but your response was a "dumbfuck" response. want to try again?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:39:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:18:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh come on, someone help him out. For gods sake, its the internet, people say dumb things all the time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:37:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

good way to make friends! this guy tries to help you out by answering a very open question and this is how you respond. sorry but your response was a "dumbfuck" response. want to try again?

+1
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:38:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Exactly how in the heck was he supposed to KNOW you where looking for a "specific" barrel w/ specific features?

Your original post says not one word about a bull barrel which is NOT standard on a Colt Automatic Rifle listed in your title.

FWIW any number of folks make the barrel your are seeking, I can name several.

Mike

ps - oh, I didn't name them for ya........

guess you can just "go-fish"

ETA - as most assume (I know I did) Colt Automatic Rifle is generally construed to be any M16 made by Colt, obviously that ain't so anymore, this is what he is referring to, (although why he couldn't include the link in his post is anyone's guess): www.colt.com/mil/CAR.asp

And yes there are several places to get such a barrel.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:41:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Um, no. The red text above is the dumbfuck answer.

Bob
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:46:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Well, I guess we can add one asshat newb to the "Must Ignore" list on Arfcom.
Dude if you're so freakin smart, find it on your own.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Oh come on, someone help him out. For gods sake, its the internet, people say dumb things all the time.

There's dumb, and then there's asshat extrodinaire.  What he said wasn't dumb, it was needlessly infammatory and counterproductive.  He obviously doesn't know where to look, but then he turns around and insults the guy trying to answer his question.
I know of one dealer distributor that markets Colt stuff just about exclusively, runs their OEM armorer course, and handles a lot of LEo Colt sales and training.  But for some reason I'm having difficulty getting the name out right now...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#14]
It is not a bull barrel.  I believe Colt Canada calls it a LSW, light support weapon.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I predict that people won't be rushing to answer your question.

Looks like your prediction is correct so far
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#17]
"Sorry , but that was a dumbfuck answer dude."
I don't care if you are drunk, high, stupid, or 10 years old, that is just plain wrong.
You just burned yourself. You gave no discription of what you wanted until you burned
the guy.

ODG

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Could you be more vague, and still use the english language?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Would this be a good time to say...

I predict 87 different responses, all to our enjoyment.

Now who's a dumbfuck, asshat?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#20]
where to buy ar15?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Ignorance at its finest!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:56:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know of one dealer distributor that markets Colt stuff just about exclusively, runs their OEM armorer course, and handles a lot of LEo Colt sales and training.  But for some reason I'm having difficulty getting the name out right now...

I know the same guy
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#23]
I would check out some Spanish American War forums.  Teddy R had some choice words to say about the Colt Automatic Rifle in his memoirs about the time with the Rough Riders
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It is not a bull barrel.  I believe Colt Canada calls it a LSW, light support weapon.  

Yes it IS a heavy barrel - It's called the LSW because the thing is LIGHTER than say an M60, M240, or the M249.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#26]
It' good to see that the "old guard" on the board is keeping the new memebers in line.

Blackmagic94:....

I've got 87 of these special barrels in storage at a secret location.

But, none are for sale at this time.

Best to drop your account and sign up again with a new name and a new attitude.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Fucking prick.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know the same guy

I think I know him also.  Lets see, Specialized something or other.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I would check out some Spanish American War forums.  Teddy R had some choice words to say about the Colt Automatic Rifle in his memoirs about the time with the Rough Riders

Psy:
Does your sig refer to the Texas Rangers ca. 1840?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Psy:
Does your sig refer to the Texas Rangers ca. 1840?

Hay's Rangers

I had to edit it to make it fit, the whole passage is pretty cool, feel free to use it, I think its very apropo LOL for the current situation.  T for Texas, T for Tennessee  and all that jazz
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#31]
It is not called a "Colt Automatic Rifle".  The weapon you are refering to is known as a "Colt Open Bolt Light Machine Gun" or LMG for short.  To find an answer you must first know the right question.  To answer the question you don't seem to be able to ask is the barrels are basically impossible to find.  The uppers can be had for $1500.  You will not find the parts seprately.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It is not called a "Colt Automatic Rifle".  The weapon you are refering to is known as a "Colt Open Bolt Light Machine Gun" or LMG for short.  

To be fair.

It is indeed called the Colt Automatic Rifle by none other than Colt themselves : Colt Automatic Rifle

They probably used that name to envoke images of the Browning Automatic Rifle as the proposed role of the Colt is the same.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Hay's Rangers
I had to edit it to make it fit, the whole passage is pretty cool, feel free to use it, I think its very apropo LOL for the current situation.  T for Texas, T for Tennessee  and all that jazz

One of the Five Great Captains.
If I had had a second son he would have been John Coffee Hays.  My first is Samuel Walker, and I met my wife in Hays County when we lived there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It is not called a "Colt Automatic Rifle".  The weapon you are refering to is known as a "Colt Open Bolt Light Machine Gun" or LMG for short.  To find an answer you must first know the right question.  To answer the question you don't seem to be able to ask is the barrels are basically impossible to find.  The uppers can be had for $1500.  You will not find the parts seprately.

A birdie told me these guys would probably sell them

http://www.specializedarmament.com/

Colt lists the rifle as a Colt Automatic Rifle while Colt Canada calls it a Light Support Weapon, but yes the rifle is a open bolt light machine gun that mostly the Canadian Army bought.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I believe the military designation is "LMG".  I own several field and technical manuals for this weapon and I believe they refer to it as "open bolt LMG" SAW has the uppers for $2500!!  HOT DAWG!! I got mine for $500.P.S.  I asked before but no one seemed to know.  Does the bolt carrier on one of these puppies have serrations????
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Damn dude! You've got 391 posts and I have what 14 or 15, hope you don't spoil the informative info on this site for us newb's with legitmate questions from ones that have some manners!

Phil
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Interesting part is its the only Canadian Colt to have A2 rear sights.  I guess the M249 ended up beating this gun out, but I do remember seeing them for sale in SGnews
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Interesting part is its the only Canadian Colt to have A2 rear sights.  I guess the M249 ended up beating this gun out, but I do remember seeing them for sale in SGnews

Dude, you can talk tech lingo till the cows come home, but I really think you owe ManiacRat461 a pubic aplology.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Ok, not the best way to respond but the first reply was a flipant response to what he thought was a dumbass question. If you don't know the answer, don't try to answer.  You'll just sound dumb. If you don't understand the question, ask clarifying questions. Some of us knew what he meant.
The complete uppers were available several years ago (for around $650 IIRC) but apparently are 2x that now (or more). Good luck with just a barrel.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Ok, not the best way to respond but the first reply was a flipant response to what he thought was a dumbass question. If you don't know the answer, don't try to answer.  You'll just sound dumb. If you don't understand the question, ask clarifying questions. Some of us knew what he meant.
The complete uppers were available several years ago (for around $650 IIRC) but apparently are 2x that now (or more). Good luck with just a barrel.

Glad to see I am not alone, smartass answers get smartass remarks.  Yeah i would like to build one but figured if I could get my hands on the barrel i could cut down on the inflated cost of the few uppers that are floating around right now.  I see no reason to buy a 1500 dollar upper when I could spend less get a POF piston upper.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Glad to see I am not alone...

You pretty much are.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Glad to see I am not alone...

You pretty much are.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#45]
One, is the loneliest number....

Two can be just as lonely as one.......
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I realise in advance that this is not an answer to your actual question, so there will be no need to call me a dumbfuck...

Scottsdale Gun Club has the complete upper in stock, if you are interested.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I realise in advance that this is not an answer to your actual question, so there will be no need to call me a dumbfuck...

Ok, sorry for the dumbfuckness comment then.  Is everyone happy?!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, sorry for the dumbfuckness comment then.  Is everyone happy?!

No, you didn't mean it.

Bob
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad to see I am not alone, smartass answers get smartass remarks.  Yeah i would like to build one but figured if I could get my hands on the barrel i could cut down on the inflated cost of the few uppers that are floating around right now.  I see no reason to buy a 1500 dollar upper when I could spend less get a POF piston upper.  

It was not a smartass answer. You have a join date of December 2005, you said Colt Automatic Rifle, which I have seen used to describe an Ar-15. As I said previously new folks ask very general and broad questions ALL THE TIME. You asked does anyone just sell the barrel and I replied yes anywhere that sells parts sells barrels. Nothing smartass about it. I wasn't aware there was a specific model of machine gun called a Colt Automatic Rifle.

Gunnut amazing how you automatically assume I was being a smartass with my answer. It wasn't a dumb question. Even had he meant Ar's I wouldn't haven't thought it to be a dumb question. The only dumb question is the question not asked. No apology neccesary, I'm a big boy and not get my panties in a bunch over it. No big deal.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#50]
woo u fellas make my panties wet
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top