Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/10/2006 5:17:50 AM EDT
A buddy and I have nearly identical rifles (Bushies) with the exception of the butstock assembly. Both are 4 pos. collapsible, mine an older alum US mil. deal and his is some new aftermarket deal. This weekend at the range, he was getting feeding problems with a few mags that seemed tight to me (like the spring was really putting a lot of tension on the rounds). My only idea was to get one of the 2X springs to give the bolt a little more umphff to strip them off. His spring is shorter than mine. Is that good advice? Any other ideas? We both just rebuilt the same mags, and were actually shooting some of the same mags to try and figure it out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:05:23 AM EDT
[#1]
i would try new mags..
clean the rifle..
make sure its lubed...
swap buffer spring with a known good one
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:32:53 AM EDT
[#2]
But the mags worked great for me?? It is clean - Marine clean. What buffer do you recommend? Is it longer, heavier???
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:56:10 AM EDT
[#3]
If his spring is shorter it might just be time for a new buffer spring .  IIRC CProducts is selling chrome silicone M4 buffer springs for 5 bucks, can't beat that with a stick.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If his spring is shorter it might just be time for a new buffer spring .  

Sounds good.  Have your buddy check the spring length vs the TM()-23&P) in Chapter 2.  I

IIRC CProducts is selling chrome silicone M4 buffer springs for 5 bucks, can't beat that with a stick.

That does sound like a good deal - got a link?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#5]
yep
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:07:00 AM EDT
[#6]
What about a heavier buffer? We took it apart and it has 3 weights and some spacers??????
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top