Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 4:40:49 PM EDT
I went to the range today. Had problems I never had before. The Guatemalan that worked fine beofre had a few extraction failures. No its not the extractor, just took care of that last week, and 200 rounds of this stuff worked flawless.   Today couldnt get more than 20 rounds to go through it without a failure.

Then I tried the Wolf, another I hadnt had problems with the week prior. That stuff would extract no problem, but would not feed. Really POs me!

Dont get it. I tried a 30 round USGI mag instead (was unsing a straight 20), shot 30 rounds of Guat without a problem.Bbut strange enough is that last week I shot the strainght 20 without a single jam up.

PS Please no "thats because wolf is crap" answers.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it the Wolf M193?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like maybe an equipment issue and not an ammo issue, perhaps.  Check the gas key to make sure its not loose and your gas rings.  Just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Agreed. Sounds like the weapon.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Look for a blown primer stuck inside your gas key.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I know its the gun, didnt think it was ammo.

Checked, there is no primer. Why would it work fine before but not now? I had removed the front sight (CMP type), and reinstalled since last time. I figured it might be the gas system, posssibly the gas port not lined up right. But then why would the low powered Wolf eject but not feed, and the high powered Guat feed but not eject?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Was it the Wolf M193?

no
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#7]
IBFTWB

In before the Wolf bashing.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#8]
NOPE, NO PROBLEMS HERE !!!! (WOLF, haven't had the pleasure of shooting the Guatemalan)

Travis

BTW...Just posted that for the Wolf bashers, hope you can figure out whats wrong with your rifle!?!

Good luck
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top