Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/9/2006 4:25:37 PM EDT
I'm looking for a handguard for lr308 ap4 viking tactics sells one by jp and it looks like it works pretty good but my buddies are telli n me that it isn't strong enough but I can't find an sir or pof system that will fit have found for ar10 but no dpms is the vtac a bad choice thanks
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one on my AR15.  I like it a lot and it is very strong. I can't imagine it not being strong enough for a .308  It's a handguard, not a BCG.

Seydou
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#2]
dunno bout 308,  but the 223 one in my opinion is the best handguard on the market,  better than most of these 4 rails junkers out there.  you can add all the rails you want to it,  but why,  I am not a door kicker,  dont need a flashlight, laser, smoke grenade launcher, vid camera on my gun so I think they are a waste.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
dunno bout 308,  but the 223 one in my opinion is the best handguard on the market,  better than most of these 4 rails junkers out there.  you can add all the rails you want to it,  but why,  I am not a door kicker,  dont need a flashlight, laser, smoke grenade launcher, vid camera on my gun so I think they are a waste.  

www.hunt101.com/img/344074.JPG

Soo.. given your setup, why not save the cash, and get a $50 aluminum freefloat?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Does your hanguard get hot? I just wonder how this functions compared to an LT or DD.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Because the VTAC is indexed to the upper, includes movable bipod/sling studs, and you can put a rail on it anytime you want.  Also supposedly lighter than a plain aluminum tube.
Not that I don't see your point.  You're paying quite a bit for the features it includes.  I looked at a VTAC very closely when I did my predator build, but settled on a plain aluminum.  I never use a bipod, so the benefits didn't outweight the cost.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Soo.. given your setup, why not save the cash, and get a $50 aluminum freefloat?

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been hankering for one of these for the longest time, but I hesitate to buy sight-unseen.  Now that I've seen one mounted and heard a good report, I'm more likely to shell out the bucks.

It simply amazes me that people like JP and D&L don't do more to market their gear to the civi shooters.

When I get my middie upper, I'm thinking a Viking forend is gonna get mounted.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It simply amazes me that people like JP and D&L don't do more to market their gear to the civi shooters.

Can't speak for D&R but I think JP does a good job of marketing to civies.  It's just that their product line is viewed as more competition, "race gun" oriented than tactical, battle rifle oriented.  And that's the crowd that dominates this board. There's the occasional crossover (e.g., Giessele triggers, match Pacnor (Noveske) barrels) that gains acceptance, but by and large the two are viewed separately.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have owned most FFT's out there,  even the 4 rail YHM,  the JP is the most inpressive in my opinion.  Havent owned an Armalite tube yet but would like to try one.  The worst tube I have came accross is the accuracy speaks tube.  it doesnt have a way to lock the indexing,  just use Loc-tite which I found it would move alot when firing off a bipod.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#9]
hey thanks alot for all your guys input and help thats what I needed
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top