Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 10:05:06 PM EDT
I went out with the family today to do a little shootin'... Got the boys all set up with their Air Soft M4's and gave momma instructions to watch 'em close....

I walk around to the front of the truck with my Olympic M4gery and tried the old shoulder bump fire trick that I've been reading about on here, and guess what. I shot 30 rounds without skipping a beat. The wife and kids came running around the front of the truck going "what was that?!" I just smiled and explained what happened. Well then she busted out the digital to see if she could capture the brass comin' out 2" apart but she couldn't. It was pretty much the coolest thing that's happened to me in a while.

I tried different techniques and the one that I could repeat each time was the left hand on the magwell variation. Sorry I don't have any cool video or any great pics but here's one for the Peanut Gallery.... "Look Ma' no chicken wings!"

- Clint

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry if these pics are huge but I have dial-up and am using Tinypic.com to host 'em....
That was one warm barrel after a couple mag dumps... LOL

- Clint

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:26:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Er, not sure I'd show the little ones that trick, but I can't do it off the shoulder anyways.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:19:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I did a search before asking but could not find anything. having an olyarms, can someone provide a link to how this happens?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Alaskacajun, what model and year is your Olympic lower?  
I'm curious because I have been professing the shoulder bumping attributes of Oly guns for years.  They installed a single stage FCG that just flat out works!  I have several factory built OLY lowers from about 3 years ago and they all worked perfectly out of the box.  Every once in a while, I'll come across another brand that works but not many.  I ask the year because I recently tried a buds brand new OLY M4 and couldn't get it to even double.  The trigger throw was just too long.  I suspect they are using another design now.  I'm glad I bought some extra FCG's from them a couple of years ago in case anything breaks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Markam where are you?
Jump on in here anytime.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I did a search before asking but could not find anything. having an olyarms, can someone provide a link to how this happens?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=275003

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=274945

Check th video in this one from rickinvegas

Just to name 2 3

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Alaskacajun, what model and year is your Olympic lower?  
I'm curious because I have been professing the shoulder bumping attributes of Oly guns for years.  They installed a single stage FCG that just flat out works!  I have several factory built OLY lowers from about 3 years ago and they all worked perfectly out of the box.  Every once in a while, I'll come across another brand that works but not many.  I ask the year because I recently tried a buds brand new OLY M4 and couldn't get it to even double.  The trigger throw was just too long.  I suspect they are using another design now.  I'm glad I bought some extra FCG's from them a couple of years ago in case anything breaks.

It's a low # 2005 model, the trigger on it is real nice and is the reason I chose it out of all the other lower's he had on the shelf. At the time he had a Rock River and a Bushy but I tried the trigger on each and was not impressed....

- Clint
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Er, not sure I'd show the little ones that trick, but I can't do it off the shoulder anyways.

Yeah there are some kids in my neighborhood that I wouldn't want to see me do that. Mine are pretty responsible when it comes to firearms. I'm trainin' 'em young. You won't have to worry about these 3 boys shooting up their High School!

- Clint
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:22:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah there are some kids in my neighborhood that I wouldn't want to see me do that. Mine are pretty responsible when it comes to firearms. I'm trainin' 'em young. You won't have to worry about these 3 boys shooting up their High School!

- Clint

No, but you'll be stepping on those damn airsoft pellets for the next ten years now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:00:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- Clint

No, but you'll be stepping on those damn airsoft pellets for the next ten years now.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:01:56 AM EDT
[#11]
What is the trigger pull weight for the Oly arms trigger setup? Where can we get them for our AR15s?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:44:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

LOL

- Clint
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top