Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/7/2006 5:14:09 PM EDT
Does the MI-#17 work with KAC panels?

The reason I am asking is that I recently discovered that in order to use the KAC panels your rail system needs to have deeper cut rails slits on both ends of the upper, sides and lower rail sections. Does anyone know is the MI #17 is compatable?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
So does anyone have any experience with this?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I can tell you that on my #17 the KAC panels are loose. Not just a little loose but rattle around loose. This only applies to the side rails as KAC panels fit nice and snug on the bottom rail.

I switched to Tango Down panels.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's an MI-17.  See the cuts you refer to.   I've had 4 MI rails and KAC covers work great and fit very tight.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here's an MI-17.  See the cuts you refer to.   I've had 4 MI rails and KAC covers work great and fit very tight.

www.auctionadvisory.com/mi17.jpg

Hummmmmmmmm, I wonder if I got a bum set because my KAC panels fit like poop and I just tried my Tango Down panels and they are as loose as a goose too
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top