Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 2:40:12 AM EDT
IS this one of them in use?
or you think its just some kind of foam the chayal taped to his stock?
I can't tell.....

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:42:52 AM EDT
[#1]
that looks like foam..........
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:44:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm gonna search the AP see if there are n't more angles......
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:48:04 AM EDT
[#3]
well, same op, and DEFINITELY the new compelte CAA stock there - obviously not same guy though:

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:52:19 AM EDT
[#4]
not really relevant 'cept for the fact that this one gets MY FREAKING OPTIC!!!!  Can't you see my name on it??!?!?!!?

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:52:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Umm real world use on ARfcom nah can't be...  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:54:51 AM EDT
[#6]
as a side note, you see how many mags those guys are carrying?  first arrest operation in gaza in a while and they are prepared to dig in if necessary.....
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:09:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
as a side note, you see how many mags those guys are carrying?  first arrest operation in gaza in a while and they are prepared to dig in if necessary.....

My rig has 12 mags on my vest, 4 on my left leg and 2 on the gun (redimag)...........not including what I can
carry in my BOB.......
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:21:40 AM EDT
[#8]
What's the deal with the CAA saddle??  I'd like to hear from some people who have them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:38:01 AM EDT
[#10]
What optic is that?    Also the one guy (with the mirror covering his right leg) looks 12
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:57:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What optic is that?    Also the one guy (with the mirror covering his right leg) looks 12

ITL MARS - reflex sight AND laser in one.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:06:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ITL MARS - reflex sight AND laser in one.

www.army-technology.com/contractor_images/int_tech/int5.jpg

ok...how much and can I get one.

why do I get the feeling that these are mil-only
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:08:13 AM EDT
[#13]
hang on.............I will take a pic of my saddle.

well My camera must be in my GF car but here is one in action of me shooting with it on.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:14:40 AM EDT
[#14]
from the ITL website  I've hilighited the WOW aspects that I like... :

A state-of-the-art, advanced, new concept of a weapon sight, combining an innovative Reflex Sight with a Laser Aiming Light

Day and Night, 24 hours mission capabilities
Single Boresight mechanism for both Reflex Sight and Laser Aiming Light
Reflex Sight dot has dedicated intensity for Night Vision Applications
"Sleep mode" Power saving mode
Rigid structure
Powered by single standard 1.5V "AA" alkaline battery
Remote switch cable for momentary operation of the Laser Aiming Device
VISIBLE (Red) or INFRA RED Laser Aiming Light
Variable mounting options available for different types of weapons
Supports Beamhit's™ Laser Marksmanship Training Systems
Battle-proven device

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:19:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I picked up a stock from them at SHOT this year. Put it on my tube and it works great. One less thing to pop off. On my regular stock I had to have the rubber pad zip tied on.

No, the recoil isn't bad, the thing just keep slipping off my body armor at the worst moments. hard to get a reliable, consistant cheek weld without one.

I like it.  

FWIW, those guys aren't carrying enough mags. 600 rounds is a good place to start when you're hunting for the bad guy. IMHO, of course.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:36:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
well, same op, and DEFINITELY the new compelte CAA stock there - obviously not same guy though:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060406/capt.jrl12804061250.mideast_israel_palestinians_jrl128.jpg?x=380&y=272&sig=IcdkUz7gJXSNpzoAJ7cYHA--

That doesn't look like the CAA side saddle to me...it looks more like this stock at Cheaper Than Dirt.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060406/capt.jrl12804061250.mideast_israel_palestinians_jrl128.jpg?x=380&y=272&sig=IcdkUz7gJXSNpzoAJ7cYHA--

That doesn't look like the CAA side saddle to me...it looks more like this stock at Cheaper Than Dirt.
www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/ARR-081.jpg

you are correct......
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Well seeing as it is an Israeli company it would make sense that they outfit Israeli troops now wouldn't it.

Only conjecture but I have heard very few positive things about the MARS. They were issued to American troops, mostly USMC from the pictures I saw and they were not spoken of very highly. Perhaps a thread in the optics forum could attract some of our BTDT folks who would know more.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/ARR-081.jpg

you are correct......

my bad thought it was this:
http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=87&cID=57

but I think we can guess hwo makes the one pictured....
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#20]
You see alot of the CAA stuff over there. Their rail systems that attach via th FSB and whatnot seem to be fairly common as are the Samco light holders (see the first picture) and the VFG's as well. I do find it curious as to why the Israeli's have no adopted weapon lights or RIS/RAS systems yet. With all the MOUT they do one would think that it would be a priority to enahnce the effectiveness of their soldiers.

Steve
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top