Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/5/2006 5:00:26 PM EDT
I saw a few post's that discussed the various brands of AR's and how good, or in some cases, how not so good they were.  A few remarks were very complementary of the AR's from CMMG.  I am thinking about getting myself an AR and CMMG is a consideration.  One reason, they are not far from where I live.  Could some of you who own an AR from CMMG relate your experiences with regard to the quality of their product and customer service.  I would also like to know, what makes the AR's from CMMG different from other brands of AR's???   I am an occaisional shooter, but don't mind spending a little more for a quality product.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm very pleased with my cmmg rifle. It's my first ar-15 so take that for what its worth but i haven't had a single problem and the cmmg guys seem to be good people to deal with.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Their customer service is fantastic.  Second to none.  

I've bought several lowers from them, and would not hesitate for a second to buy an upper or complete rifle from them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You won't find better folks to deal with... I own several of their products....
An extremely accurate heavy barrel tack driver and a New Chrome lined 9mm upper
Extremely nice kit... You really can't go wrong with them and they are the products I tend to guide folks toward... While I am not a stocking dealer I do like to guide buyers toward their products...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
nobody else has anything to say about CMMG? I am looking into them myself, and I'm really confused as to why I haven't heard more about them. Any more input would be great.......
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Their customer service is fantastic.  Second to none.  

I've bought several lowers from them, and would not hesitate for a second to buy an upper or complete rifle from them.

+1  Excellent customer service. I have built 2 ARs using their barrels.  I am very happy with their product and service. IMO they are a step ahead.  

Here is a pic of my lightweight upper...

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:00:09 AM EDT
[#6]
What I like about them, is that I ordered my AR JUST the way I wanted it!  It so happened that I wanted a pretty basic one, but I did opt for the M16 carrier as opposed to the semi-auto carrier (at no additional charge!)  Colt ships with M16 carriers in their LE guns, but at $400 more than I paid for my CMMG rifle, I hardly call it "for free."  

My CMMG rifle came with a T-marked upper, which isn't a big deal, but it's cool.  It's my only T-marked upper.  

Everything was great with my rifle, and I am really happy that I got to choose JUST what I wanted without having to pay for "extra" parts down the road.  

Here's my CMMG MOD4.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:20:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Check out the post in this forum RRA vs. CMMG alot of guys 35 or more whent for the cmmg.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#8]
+1

CMMG

You can't go wrong
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]
It has been a few days since I could get around to checking my post here regarding CMMG AR15's.  I appreciate all of the good information from those of you who took time to answer.  I have noticed something in doing my research for an AR, that is, it seems that when the lower and upper receiver groups are purchased apart, they cost less than a complete rifle.  Is this my imagination or is this right???  Seems to me, the cost should be about the same either way, or are complete rifles taxed differently than parts or incomplete rifles???   Thank all of you again for your replies.  Semper Fi
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]
As far as parts or whole gun you will find piecing together parts from several manufacturers MIGHT be cheaper and you can have it your way.  If you are not used to building an AR then you may enjoy the convienence of a complete gun from the factory with a warranty if it does not work.  

I just bought a barrel from CMMG and had done some research (although they had exactly what I wanted).  While speaking to CMMG I asked them for weights of this part and that part.  They weighed the parts without delay.  I wanted the lightest rifle I could build.

They will help you build the rifle you want as well (ie handguards and sight).  You cannot go wrong with a rifle from CMMG.  I know I will be doing business with them in the future.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It has been a few days since I could get around to checking my post here regarding CMMG AR15's.  I appreciate all of the good information from those of you who took time to answer.  I have noticed something in doing my research for an AR, that is, it seems that when the lower and upper receiver groups are purchased apart, they cost less than a complete rifle.  Is this my imagination or is this right???  Seems to me, the cost should be about the same either way, or are complete rifles taxed differently than parts or incomplete rifles???   Thank all of you again for your replies.  Semper Fi

I do believe there is an extra tax involved in selling a "complete" weapon.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#12]
CMMG eats most of the excize tax, with assories like the cleaning kit 2 mags sling hard case and  factor in the carry handle
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#13]
CMMG just makes it too damn easy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top