Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 7:42:11 PM EDT
Solution in search of a problem, or useful gizmo... you be the judge.

www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=LR-RR

"Patent Pending" Install this rubber gasket into the bottom of the lower receiver to stop blown primers and debris from blocking the trigger action. A must for military and Law Enforcement "Keep's you in the fight"

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
What is it supposed to do?

Read it, I've never had a "blown primer" problem...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks pretty worthless to me.  Blown primers and debris?  Use better ammo with a milspec crimped primer and this isn't a problem.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF?

Right up there with the Accu-Wedge and anything made by Buffer Tech.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to think of something like this to make a killing off of.  THis ranks up there with a pet rock.  At least with a pet rock you can throw it through someone's window or crush an intruders skull with it.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
so make up the game called "jump to conclusion"

lol

sorry your pet rock example reminded me of office space and i just had to

back on topic i do like the accuwedge.....i notice the difference
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I would buy that...

Why?

Looks like to would protect the floor of my receiver from getting scratched to hell from when I install the hammer.  I have whats called fine motor difficulty (my hands no workie right) and managed to scratch up the bottom of a receiver.

Looks like this doohicky could save me a little heartache.

- BG
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Neither; more like a waste of rubber. If you are concerned about blown primers and debris from blocking the trigger action; then stick to buying quality ammo and stay away from "Yoyo The Handloader" brand ammo.

Never had a problem with blown primers nor debris in my trigger action; why you ask?

Because I buy quality ammo to begin with.

But thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I have seen 2 rifles locked up with a poped out  primers both were with whitebox winchester , there was a rumor about a bad batch getting out  and i saw both of these within a 3 month period so there may be something to it

they were1 Armalite AR15 and 1 factory colt M16 get a primer rolling around in there and the rifle locks up tight

the armalite was bought "broken" needless to say the new owner was estatic when he brought it and in and had to fixed in about 5 minutes

it does serve a purpose but I personaly would not buy that chunk of rubber either
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]
My AR has completely locked up twice due to separated primers from Federal XM193 (Lot #099, 20 rd. Boxes, NOT PD) being caught beneath the trigger mechanism and I had to remove the trigger assembly to extricate the offending primers. It can happen, no matter how much you pay for your ammo. Will I run this device? Probably not. But I am curious to see how it could be harmful to the operation of the weapon. For those who doubt the possibility of blown primers while using more pricy "Quality" ammo, Read Here
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:56:05 AM EDT
[#10]
saw it the other day, thinks its kinda dumb.

what if the rubber tore off and cause a lock up on its own?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:05:00 AM EDT
[#11]

"Keep's you in the fight"

for what, proper grammar?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:57:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How's it going to tear off?  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:12:40 AM EDT
[#13]
If it stops primers from making your weapon fail then it sounds fine to me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:24:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Another useless Magpul gadget?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:59:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Call it tactical. Someone will buy it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:11:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Seems to try to negate a very rare problem of blown primers falling into the trigger pack.  Of the tens of thousands of rounds I've fired, it's only happened once, with GI issue M855.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:13:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have seen 2 rifles locked up with a poped out  primers both were with whitebox winchester , there was a rumor about a bad batch getting out  and i saw both of these within a 3 month period so there may be something to it

I've seen several with 1999 dated Q3131 have this problem, including my own.  I stil lhave a box left from that bad batch.

However I fail to see how that rubber 'rug' would keep a blow primer from getting into the works, and I CAN see how it may contribute to poor reliablity by allowing the dirt to build up along the inside edge and interfering with the trigger action.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I had a blown primer using Federal XMI193 (not PD) myself.  Locked up the CavArms lower I had my Armalite upper sitting on pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
WTF?

Right up there with the Accu-Wedge and anything made by Buffer Tech.

+1

We seem to agree on everything.  I wonder why that is?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Only blown primer issue I ever ran into was on my friend's Bushmaster, the prime wedged between the bolt carrier and upper locking the BCG. So this would not of helped as all.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#21]
btt
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Just what I was thinking. It is probably more likely to cause a problem than prevent one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top