Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 6:16:46 PM EDT
I'm considering upgrading the front sight on my Bushy M4gery with this KNS hooded crosshair sight. I'd like to hear from those of you that have experience with it, whether or not it is a solid improvement over the existing sight. Any feedback would be appreciated.  I'm also curious what the average cost of this thing is. I've found it from $19-$35.

Link with color pic

ETA: If there's a better option available, feel free to make suggestions.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at this THREAD.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#2]
It's silly nonsense.  Judging by your question, I'm guessing you don't know the full capabilities of the AR's iron sight system.  Have you ever made a 3, 4, or 500 yard shot?

It's about the finest iron set up ever.  I laugh when I see these Pudd whackers who want to outfit their ARs with HK style sights!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:09:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

.....  what the average cost of this thing is. I've found it from $19-$35.

I guess the average price would be $28.50.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's silly nonsense.  Judging by your question, I'm guessing you don't know the full capabilities of the AR's iron sight system.  Have you ever made a 3, 4, or 500 yard shot?

It's about the finest iron set up ever.  I laugh when I see these Pudd whackers who want to outfit their ARs with HK style sights!

Thanks for the insults.  Obviously I don't share your opinion about these iron sights, and I definately wouldn't be able to pull off any real accuracy with them at 500 yards.  My eyesight is prohibitive of that, and I personally wouldn't attempt to shoot out to 500 yards without a magnifying optic.

ARs are a hobby of mine so I've never had any formal training.  Unless you can suggest a course to take or a book to read that can help me sharpen my skills with the existing irons, save your breath and energy.  Insulting me  doesn't help.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.....  what the average cost of this thing is. I've found it from $19-$35.

I guess the average price would be $28.50.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Look at this THREAD.

Thanks a lot.  That's the kind of review I had in mind.  I appreciate your help sir.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thanks for the insults.  Obviously I don't share your opinion about these iron sights, and I definately wouldn't be able to pull off any real accuracy with them at 500 yards.  My eyesight is prohibitive of that, and I personally wouldn't attempt to shoot out to 500 yards without a magnifying optic.

ARs are a hobby of mine so I've never had any formal training.  Unless you can suggest a course to take or a book to read that can help me sharpen my skills with the existing irons, save your breath and energy.  Insulting me  doesn't help.

Sorry, Mac.  I wasn't aiming those insults at you.  I know you have nothing to do with the HK sight losers.

What I'm trying to get at is that the Peep sights on the AR as it is are the best irons available.  Amazing accuracy can be achieved.  Unfortunately most common classes are geared towards home defense/CQB.  And Aside from Zeroing at 50 or 100, not much time is spent on making maximum use of Irons at distance.  Most schools are of the thought that if the target is 200 yards away it's not a threat.. blah blah blah.  You have to see what classes are available in your area.

I actually bought this double VHS set of Marine Corps marksmanship training.  AWESOME!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top