Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 3:36:09 PM EDT
I am trying to find an M16A2 upper for an M16A2 clone so i can practice with my friends before we head of to LDAC this summer and no one seems to have them anymore. There are a ton of flat tops with gvt profile bbls but no A2 uppers. CDNN doesn't seem to have them anymore nor are any showing up on the EE, just the flat tops as I said. The Bravo Company upper are also only flat tops and no A2 uppers are offered that I can see. Anyone have any ideas or has the supply of these just flat out dried up.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Seen a bunch recently in the EE.  Bushmasters and Colts...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
How much do you want to OVER pay,  check here

www.autoweapons.com/photos/accys/colt.html
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't see any in the EE, only a post ban bushy. All the ones I have seen are flat tops which is not what I want. Who makes these types of uppers new, I know a bunch of people are making gvt profile uppers now but all seem to be flat tops.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Doublestar makes A2 uppers.  J&T or Centerfire Systems should be able to hook you up for a resonable price.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#5]
adding a carry handle and you have the same thing plus when LDAC is done you have something to tinker with :P flattop is the way to go imho.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an M4gery, and a 20" flat top with carry handle and Surefire railed handguards as well as a RECCE I just built up and an M16A1 clone, I mostly want it to help my friend out cuz he isn't a great shot whereas I qualify expert and the fact is I want to add a stock A2 to the collection.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Check the EE on this site,legal transfers has them $135 complete RRA A2 uppers.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Pun, I think he means a complete upper.

Autoweapons.com has them, as does this guy: www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976303923.htm

I paid $399 for one from CDNN that was listed as "like new".  I wasn't sure whether to believe the guy on the phone when he said I wouldn't be able to tell it was used, but he was right; it still had cosmoline on it when I got it.  I think these take-off uppers are the way to go if you're making an A2 clone.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.pkfirearms.com/store/get_item.aspx?id=687&action=display

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1&cart=295077&cat=27&    Near the bottom of the page.

+1 for the A2 crowed! Hooah!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Have you tried Del-Ton?
(ETA: Unless you're looking for military take-off uppers.)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#11]
www.cmmginc.com
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got a new one....was going to list it tonight/tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Pun, I think he means a complete upper.

Autoweapons.com has them, as does this guy: www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976303923.htm

I paid $399 for one from CDNN that was listed as "like new".  I wasn't sure whether to believe the guy on the phone when he said I wouldn't be able to tell it was used, but he was right; it still had cosmoline on it when I got it.  I think these take-off uppers are the way to go if you're making an A2 clone.

Autoweapons, C&C Sports, and "this guy" are the same thing.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top