Posted: 4/4/2006 12:25:35 PM EDT
Just got my MRP!    

~ MRP - Rifle Length
~ 16" CL Barrel
~ Vortex Flash Hider
~ Young MFG Bolt Carrier w/Hard Chromed Bolt
~ PRI Gas Buster
~ Troy BUIS

What optic are you running on your 16" MRP?  

I'm torn between an ACOG, possibly the SpecterDR and several other 1x-4x/5x variable low-power choices (Trijicon TR21R, S&B Short Dot, IOR 1.1-4, Leupold MRT M2, Kahles CSX 1.1-4, USO SN-4) The S&B is more than I want to spend...and yes, I know this is a wide-array of choices, with different pro's/con's and applications in mind.

Thanks for your thoughts and input.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
mmmmm :drool:

Yes, I've nothing technical to add.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Post it on the MRP badness thread (tacked), damn you  

I have and tried various optics, I always go back to my trusty TA31F.  The US Optics SN4 is big and heavy, so is the Schmidt & Bender Short Dot, the TA31F wins in needing no battery and a wider FOV.  Since I sold both of my Aimpoints, I'm likely to run the Short Dot in 1.1x for short distance, and turn it all the way up to 4x for 100yds plus, the TA31 isn't very fast in close quarters, though training has mitigated this somewhat.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have wanted one of these for awhile but can't seem to come off of the cash for it. They look awesome though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top