Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/4/2006 12:04:13 PM EDT
I'm shopping for a new rifle.

I want a rifle as close to the Marine Corps M16A2, which means I need a 20" Govenment Profile barrel.

I do NOT want to build a new rifle from parts. Anyone know a manufacturer that builds such a rifle?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster XM15-E2S.

ETA: Link www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bcwa2s20.asp
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt or Bushy will be as close as you can get to the real thing.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
1) Order a complete lower from Bushmaster with the A2 buttstock through your FFL

2) Call Bushy up and order a complete upper from them - ask for an A2 upper with one of their 20" Govt Profile barrels - see if they have any 1:7 in stock (as that is the correct twist for a M16A2).

When the upper comes slap it on the lower and there you go.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I do NOT want to build a new rifle from parts. Anyone know a manufacturer that builds such a rifle?

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
You will SAVE up to $100 by buying your rifle in two parts. There is an 11% sin tax on COMPLETE firearms.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You will SAVE up to $100 by buying your rifle in two parts. There is an 11% sin tax on COMPLETE firearms.

Sometimes COMPLETE firearms come with a WARRANTY
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My method is not building.  It's dropping an assembled upper onto a assembled lower.  It saves you $$ and it less difficult to do than field stripping the rifle.  If this guy was a Marine he should be able to do it with his eyes closed in under 10 seconds.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes COMPLETE firearms come with a WARRANTY

So do factory assembled lowers & factory assembled uppers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#10]
yes check out cmmg, they OWN!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
yes check out cmmg, they OWN!

+1

Excellent products, excellent service, excellent people, what more could you ask for?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Another vote for CMMG.
The correct 1/7 twist is standard,
as opposed to Bushie being a special order.
If the twist rate doesn't matter, Bushmaster
would be an excellent choice as well.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I was looking for the same thing, something as close to the M16A2 as possible.  I highly recommend RRA or Stag Arms.  Both are great quality.  If you are looking for something close to Marine Corps issue though, go with the A4 (has detatchable carrying handle) since that is what we are transitioning to anyway.  

Also, buy the upper and lower separately.  It is not "building" as both are complete halves, but it will save you a couple hundred bucks.  

Semper Fi,
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Bushmaster Complete 20" A2 gov't profile 1/7 twist barrel product ID: BCWA2S20A2X
Bushmaster Complete 20" A4 gov't profile 1/7 twist barrel product ID: BCWA3S20A2X

The bold A2 denotes gov't profile and the bold X denotes 1/7 twist.

Have your dealer send a copy of FFL to Bushmaster and have him/her request pricing and product materials.  Once dealer's FFL is at Bushy, have him/her call them up, give them whichever of the above you're interested in, pay, wait, (sometimes they're in stock and sometimes they aren't), get your rifle.

If you get the flat-top and don't need the carry handle, don't get it as Bushy charges an extra $100 to get one with the rifle.

It took one week from the time my dealer ordered to the time I got mine but they were in stock and that was about a month ago.

Well, pics don't work here but they seem to in my thread here

Good luck,
Scott
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Scotter260,
Those numbers are for complete BM rifles, correct?
I'm again thinking of a Govmt Profile Upper Assembly complete (I've been thinking of this one for 2 yrs now). I've got enough lowers to play with, so just want the upper.
I priced the parts out from Bushmaster, and it comes out quite high at $619.
I did not see a Complete Govmt Profile Upper offered. I know you can order up the parts and have BM build it up.
I can't have any "evil" features on it, since the MA "ban" is permanent.
So... No flash supr, No bayo lug, No threaded brl. Well, at least we can still buy Post Ban versions!
Izzy brakes, perm. attached are ok.

Any less expensive solution besides the BM for Post Ban Govmt Profile Uppers?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I know it doesn't help the original poster but I bought a 20" 4L from Stag with lifetime warranty I'm in Kanukistan though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a Colt A2 20" I'm selling here FYI
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#18]
deleted
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top