Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 11:37:39 AM EDT
I have not low crawled through mud since my army days.  Anyways just wanted to take a survey on the following:

- What is the farthest you ever low crawled with your AR?

For me I went from livingroom to my bedroom and back.  On real grass I crawled accross the back yard lawn.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not low crawled since being in uniform.

Why would I need to low crawl as a civilian?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Though it might be fun reminiscing about the old service days.  I fail to see the point of low crawling.  Home intruders are not likely to put down grazing fire with gpmg's down your hallway...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have not low crawled since being in uniform.

Why would I need to low crawl as a civilian?

"Preparation is 99.9999% of the battle" -- unknown

Why own AR's?  Not like we will ever use it either
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm lucky I finally got an AR.  If my wife ever caught me crawling around the house with it, I'd be in an "I Love Me" jacket faster than I could say, "What are you lookin' at?"
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Why own AR's?  Not like we will ever use it either

Most people on this board can't
1) load a magazine w/o looking
2) Clear a malfunction w/o looking
3) shoot and hit a target while moving
4) properly empoly a light with their firearm.

And you're worried about low crawling?

I can think of many home defense & natural disaster situations when an AR would/could/has been  used to good effect.  I can't think of any situation where low-crawl would be needed.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]
87 meters is my farthest!

(reminds me of Steyraug's 200 meter low crawl thread)
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I can think of many home defense & natural disaster situations when an AR would/could/has been  used to good effect.  I can't think of any situation where low-crawl would be needed.

Oh Snap!  You're starting to get as jaded as me, Bro!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

WINNER!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Winnnah!

you got the record demigod!    We should give you some kind of award... you and that guy who invented the thong underwear should both get trophies!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why own AR's?  Not like we will ever use it either hr

hey man don't knock it until you try it.  some training we do to be better weapon users... some training we do cause we get sheer delight... low crawling in your backyard with all your gear on with your AR... does not get much better than that!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have not low crawled through mud since my army days.  Anyways just wanted to take a survey on the following:

For me I went from livingroom to my bedroom and back.  On real grass I crawled accross the back yard lawn.

OVERWATCH OPINION: LOSER

NEXT POST WILL BE THAT HE CAN DRESS HIMSELF. SELL YOUR GUN AND BUY A SKATEBOARD.

OW
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OVERWATCH OPINION: LOSER

NEXT POST WILL BE THAT HE CAN DRESS HIMSELF. SELL YOUR GUN AND BUY A SKATEBOARD.

so i can be cool like you?
OW

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#15]
i wonder if anyone has concertina wire strung up in their back yard?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Should the wire go up on the inside or outside of the "mote" surrounding my property?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Only there to hold them up long enough for me to set off the Claymore.

as for low crawling not one i practice much curringly working on bettering my mag swapping skills
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Only there to hold them up long enough for me to set off the Claymore.

as for low crawling not one i practice much curringly working on bettering my mag swapping SPELLING skills

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#19]
being a former 12B i am familiar with concertina wire.. oh the memories.  anyone know where i can get some?  along with the post and post pounder?  and if i need to breach it fast i will need bangalore torpedo's.. anyone know where i can get some of those?  was also thinking maybe lay the outskirts of the concertina with some toe poppers and m16 mines, maybe a couple of m15 in case a vehicle goes through.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:35:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
hey man don't knock it until you try it.  some training we do to be better weapon users... some training we do cause we get sheer delight... low crawling in your backyard with all your gear on with your AR... does not get much better than that!

Until the neighbor who has all of his marbles peeks over the fence and sees you!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:25:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Until the neighbor who has all of his marbles peeks over the fence and sees you!

hahah yeah i have to watch the nieghbor.. but the guy on my right is a cop and bigger gun freak than me! i don't get much action in my neighborhood cause there is always a cop car in front of his house.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top