Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2006 3:08:24 PM EDT
Any feedback?  Is this too good to be true?  Is it solid? Looking to hear from folks who have used this item.  

Thanks,

Lowblow.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Most likely ChiCom.

HS1
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for ChiCom

My friend just got one to cut up and make a BUIS out of it. Had the Made in PRC stamped on the box
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Appreciate the speculation but I'm looking for comments from those who have no-kidding, first-hand experience with this item.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
+1 for ChiCom

My friend just got one to cut up and make a BUIS out of it. Had the Made in PRC stamped on the box

Understood.  Since a BUIS must work when all else fails, your friend decided it would work well as a BUIS?  That is a very strong vote of confidence for this item.  Interesting.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1 for ChiCom

Understood.  Since a BUIS must work when all else fails, your friend decided it would work well as a BUIS?  That is a very strong vote of confidence for this item.  Interesting.  

Or maybe he's just cheap.

See sig-line.

HS1
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#6]
one guy using it as a BUIS is a strong vote of confidence?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered one today also.  Plan on chopping it up also.  It will be the first time I chop a carry handle, so I didn't want to have much in it if I messed it up.  

Also, I'm experimenting with different sight an optics layouts on my RRA A3.  I don't want to have a lot of money tied up in experiments.  I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]
The chinese ones also do not accept standard sight hardware, from what has been reported in the past.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
one guy using it as a BUIS is a strong vote of confidence?

Yes, from that guy.  One person, one vote.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

Awesome!  Standing by...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#11]
guess I'm not following your logic here but whatever floats your boat......
I once saw a guy with my own eyes chew up and swallow a piece of a broken beer bottle. That does not convince me that beer bottles make a tasty afternoon snack however. I think you should maybe listen to the big group of people that say it is chicom crap rather than listening to one guy who said he has a buddy that made one into a BUIS that we don't even know how well functions...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#12]
He chopped it because I think he wanted a solid (or more solid BUIS fliu-up) sight but he also has a Aimpoint mounted forward. I have net seen it yet but he tells me it holds zero.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I used a couple on M4 builds for some really cheap officers in Iraq. They zero'd and held up fine. They do take regular sight parts as I replaced the cheesy aperature they come with for some quality A2 aperatures.

For a plinker/hunting/range gun, they work just fine.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
guess I'm not following your logic here but whatever floats your boat......
I once saw a guy with my own eyes chew up and swallow a piece of a broken beer bottle. That does not convince me that beer bottles make a tasty afternoon snack however. I think you should maybe listen to the big group of people that say it is chicom crap rather than listening to one guy who said he has a buddy that made one into a BUIS that we don't even know how well functions...

I don't need you to tell me what to think or who to listen to, as I doubt you've even seen one of these things in person, let alone tested one.  First,  you fail to understand the use of the term
"vote of confidence" , then you come up with a seriously lame analogy that I guess was meant to confirm your self-righteous views, and then you toss in this imaginary "big group of people" who claim this item is crap.  Where are they?

Basically you've exposed yourself as one who pontificates to others based on third, fourth and fifth hand information .... with the gall to chastise those who want to hear from someone other than you.  Sad, really.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I used a couple on M4 builds for some really cheap officers in Iraq. They zero'd and held up fine. They do take regular sight parts as I replaced the cheesy aperature they come with for some quality A2 aperatures.

For a plinker/hunting/range gun, they work just fine.

This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for.  Are there any plastic parts on it?  Why did you replace the aperature?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep, definitely a ChiCom junk . I have a YHM A2 BUIS and I want to have the Carry handle as a backup, but I'll buy it either Bushmaster or Colt if possible.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yep, definitely a ChiCom junk have

Aside from being made in China, what kinds of specific problems where there?  Was it flimsy? What?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I swear I saw one somewhere. It looks like its worth about as much as it is. Seems shiny as though just black painted aluminum or something. Cant really complain at $40. If I needed a detachable carry handle, Id probably get it. Ive heard from some buyers (I think its the same carry handle) that they serve their purpose. Good for a budget.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep, definitely a ChiCom junk . I have a YHM A2 BUIS and I want to have the Carry handle as a backup, but I'll buy it either Bushmaster or Colt if possible.

Aside from being made in China, what kinds of specific problems where there?  Was it flimsy? What?

that about sums up Chicom crap
older ones did not hold zero, had either too tight or too loose elevation knob, poor materials/manufacturing etc
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#20]
This thread is pathetic.

Let the new guy go ahead and buy the chi-com carry handle even though those with more experience and knowledge have given him enough evidence of the inferior quality of the object in question.

He'll slap his chi-com carry handle on his Oly Plinker and he'll be back asking why he can't hit the target at 50 yards.

Talk about leading a horse to water and not being able to make him drink.

I relent in my attempts and bow to your superior knowledge.

Sheeesh!

HS1
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
This thread is pathetic.

Let the new guy go ahead and buy the chi-com carry handle even though those with more experience and knowledge have given him enough evidence of the inferior quality of the object in question.

He'll slap his chi-com carry handle on his Oly Plinker and he'll be back asking why he can't hit the target at 50 yards.

Talk about leading a horse to water and not being able to make him drink. heeesh!

HS1

Noted.  Goodbye.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#22]
self righteous huh? Okay whatever. I have handled plenty of things made in china and the majority are junk. Go ahead and buy one, it's your money, I'm just trying to save you some. Also, when you get one compare it to a bushy, colt or RRA and tell me it's the same quality....you asked for opinions, why are you so upset about getting some?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a ChiCom made A3 Carry handle; thought it was a great deal for $39.95. Guess what? Like most have already noted, the quality is hit or miss; they don't hold zero; finish is crappy; in short order.

Junk!

The old saying goes "You get what you pay for"; if you don't like our advice, then don't post asking for advice.

End of story.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:27:17 AM EDT
[#24]

Posted by lowblow;
This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Are there any plastic parts on it? Why did you replace the aperature?

The aperatures were machined badly. The holes weren't even round and the edges were real sharp. I didn't notice any plastic parts. I didn't pay too much attention to the finish either. These were going on guns that were getting sand blasted daily from the weather down range.

None of the owners that had them came back with any complaints.

The statement that they are hit and miss is probably true. I listened to alot of nay sayers on certain products on this board but bought the products anyway to do my own, "no shit" evaluation. I found some inexpensive gems and the few parts that were junk didn't put me out a great deal of money and I got a first hand test out of it.

As I said earilier, I think the handles are fine for a home defense gun, plinker or hunter. I wouldn't use it in combat as failure could cost me my life.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Generally speaking, the real DCHs will cost at least $60-$70 new.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top